• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Air contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Everybody lighten up. Quit giving the kid shit and flaming just for flamings sake. That's what turns people away from this site from time to time.

He's young, motivated, and touched a nerve with a few of you, particularly you Osprey guys. Take it for what it is.......youthful ignorance.

As for commissioned officers being treated like professionals, it helps if you act like one. Telling a kid to go fist himself probably doesn't fall into that category.

I think that "likewise" was perfectly fine. He could have said a lot worse.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everybody lighten up. Quit giving the kid shit and flaming just for flamings sake. That's what truns people away from this site from time to time.

He's young, motivated, and touched a nerve with a few of you, particularly you Osprey guys. Take it for what it is.......youthful ignorance.

As for commissioned officers being treated like professionals, it helps if you act like one. Telling a kid to go fist himself probably doesn't fall into that category.

I think that "likewise" was perfectly fine. He could have said a lot worse.

+1

Brett

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Being almost a Marine is like being almost queer.
So you're saying if you are a Marine you are queer?

I guess there does seem to be at least one Marine on here that is into fisting and he can't figure out if he flies a helo or an airplane so the corollary makes sense in his case.....:D

I agree with What Harrier Dude said although the video was a little over the top as an introduction....

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
It took me a total of 5 hours of flight time plus 3 hours of ground to be certified for aerobatics in the Grob 115c.

That's not much time for such a sweet certification. I've been thinking about finding an aerobatic school up here in Seattle.

phrogpilot73

It looks like I'm coming a little late to the party, but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I agree with Harrier Dude 100%. Lighten up.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
I usually forgo the need to type stuff in lieu of a private chuckle and not being a post whore. However, we have all seen the trolls come here and spout off from time to time. There is a certain flow to the posts on Airwarriors and certain statements take us from casually sipping our coffee to veins protruding from forehead. Ol Steve-o needed a swift ass-kicking to set him straight on how things run in the military, his first indoctrination on needing thick skin to survive and thrive in this environment so to speak. Hopefully his 'feelings' aren't hurt too bad and he can become a productive member not only on this forum, but in the Marine Corps as well... So, in effect, welcome to the forum stevetheaircontractbarringIpassmyflightphysicalOCSTBSAPIprimaryadvancedpilot...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I agree w/ the Aggie-Marine. Thank God he's not Polish, too ... ( I had one once; a STUD -- I kid you not -- he was all 3 ... a virtual hat trick).

I CAME INTO THE NAVY WANTING TO FLY JETS AND BE A LIFE-TAKER AND A HEART-BREAKER. I WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED TO FLY THE FRIGGIN' OSPREY -- OR A HELO -- OR A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS. But when it came right down to it -- I would have flown any of 'em if that was the hand that was dealt me.

Deal with that ...

Most of you guys who are tryin' to be assholes on this thread are just beginners. This is kid stuff. Rookies ....

If you want a lesson on how to be an asshole -- come listen to the experts ...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Count me as, "not giving a crap about some 'almost a Marine's' opinion." Actually, the "anything but the Osprey" opener didn't faze me at all, other than to ask "why not?" Lots of people don't want to fly assaults, at least at first. Taking troops to an LZ isn't as glamorous as shirtless homoerotic beach volleyball, after all. If he doesn't want the mission, fine. If he has fallen in for the Time/Newsweek/g2mil/Red Ribbon Panel BS about the V-22, then he needs some education.

Col Angus came way off the top row for no reason. Someone being wrong should first be met with education before defecation.

The OP's subsequent posts were the ones too arrogant for my taste, not the first.

Anyway, what was the question?!?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....(it) isn't as glamorous as shirtless homoerotic beach volleyball, after all...

Yeah, but, yeah, but: neither is flyin' 747's ... but imagine experiencing the pure homoerotic male-bonding joy of life when he wakes up and finds we've got OUR shirts off !!! ... . :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok gentlemen let's get something straight. I am a young motivated and intelligent kid that knows the difference between confidence and arrogance. And I guess I should not be surprised by the hostility coming from everybody, seeing as how most of you are trained aeronautical merchants of death... but I am surprised. I was trying to start a discussion with people who have the same interests as I do, and I get a mouthful of shit in return.

You don't remember inviting "the pain"? vvvv

So thats me in a nutshell. Flame on.

- Steve

That was my wimpy voice. Bring the pain. ..|.,

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Steve...

watch this vid clip, (specifically 1:57 into it) I think you might have a new moniker...
and welcome aboard.

Flying Toaster

None
How many air contracts actually make it through to fly?

Also between OCS, the Flight physical, TBS, API, Primary, Intermediate and Advanced, which take out the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.