• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

Gills

Ha, that's my OR's website! Thanks, he'd been talking about making a blog. I didn't know if it was up yet. I'll go check it out.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
If I were to ask for a reconsideration like the blog suggests, would I be able to make any changes and/or additions to the original packet or does it have to stay as is? I have made some improvements since I submitted it in December.

Gills

If I were to ask for a reconsideration like the blog suggests, would I be able to make any changes and/or additions to the original packet or does it have to stay as is? I have made some improvements since I submitted it in December.

Yes, you need to improve your packet in order to resubmit. Most people on here will say that this improvement needs to be in either GPA or ASTB, and not LOR, PRT or other stuff. Talk to your OR, see what he says.

batesdl

Hey F4pride,
I think my package is in for the March board as well. Do you know when they tell you if you have been pro-rec. Would it be at the end of March?

My OR told me if we put in for March boards I will find out end of April. I am going SNA only. I hope this helps.

Dan

batesdl

Service Record Question.

I have a quick question. I am trying to get my OR to get my package into the March Boards but he says he has to have my prior military service record. He has sent a request to get this but states it may take 2-3 months. Does anyone know anything else I can do to obtain my service record ASAP? Thanks,

Dan

batesdl

Turtl3 said:
If you are in the March board for SNA you will probably find out around March 17th.

That sounds Sweet, but my OR told me today that I had to have my prior military service record which he has to request. He stated this could take 2-3 months, so this is more than likely going to push me up 2 months which SUCKS. I do not know any faster way to obtain my records.

Dan

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
There 10 SNA BDCP applications in how long a period??? CNRC is national, yes? 70% acceptance?? Wow.

Yeah, surprisingly not many people apply - or even know about it, for that matter. In reality it doesn't matter if there's 15 or 150 applicants competing as they only take the qualified candidates, and apparently it looks like ~70% is the median percentile that gets accepted across all the boards. Also, I don't believe the "first 50 applicants per board" rule is in effect for BDCP, so many candidates are missing out...and I intend on taking full advantage of it, lol.

caudillc

should i submit

i am trying to get a fill to see if i could even make through the board...here are my stats:

AQR: 5
PFAR: 4
FOFAR: 5
OAR: 52

GPA: 3.61

i have tons of community service, leadership, etc.

my recruiter said that my PFAR score is not competitive, but the others are good. it looks like to what others have put down, my OAR is good.

he also said that the acceptance rate last month was between 15-20% and it is best for everyone to wait until October.

any thoughts for me?

caudillc what are you applying for? It seems like you might be applying for one of the career fields with a lower acceptance rate. I would suggest getting some good LOR's if possible high ranking military personnel that know you, apply then wait and see. Seems like you are on the right track

A10DCC

Pro-Rec SNA
. I do not know any faster way to obtain my records.

The fastest way to get your records would to be call up your last base and ask for your PIF. Sometimes they wont release records over the phone, so this will require you to be there in person. Major advantage of doing this: you could have your records in a day or two rather than 2-3 months. Ask them if they could fax it to a local reserve/guard base might reduce your driving time, most MPF people are really helpful.

caudillc

caudillc what are you applying for? It seems like you might be applying for one of the career fields with a lower acceptance rate. I would suggest getting some good LOR's if possible high ranking military personnel that know you, apply then wait and see. Seems like you are on the right track
applying for an aviator slot...