• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I have given in to the black rifle disease as well. Now I have 3 AR's waiting for me Rifle, Midlength and Carbine length.

Nah....at a minimum you are only half way there. Now you need 3 6.8 SPC AR's. One 16" lightweight with T-1, one 16" midweight with ACOG and one 18" mid-heavy with expensive variable glass.

Not to mention:

An old school retro A1 build with 20" pencil thin barrel and triangular handguards (NOT an SP-1 that's cheating)

A1 IDF or K.I.S.S. lightweight carbine

etc etc yada yada

Some of this can wait but you really need an 6.8 SPC carbine. Once you shoot one of those you will wonder why you waited. Yea I know 6.8 SPC ammo is EXPENSIVE but so is quality 5.56 (like Black Hills MK 262)

We all have to do our part jump starting the economy.

I'm picking up my Spike's Infidel lower today. That alone required another lower parts kit, Magpul BUIS, MOE pistol grip and handguard plus an ACS stock. All in OD green no less. That along with the red Spikes Spider and white Infidel etching makes it my first bling bling AR15.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Update. Looks like mine were shipped per this email

All of you are receiving this email because your receivers have shipped or are ready to ship this week. A few of you who are having receivers sent to California, have not tendered your $25 California fee and that must be tendered prior to your item(s) shipping out to your dealer. Additionally, some have not paid their shipping cost and that will also hold up your delivery. I will send an individual email to those who seem to fall into this category to address the matter if need be.

Please notify your dealers that the firearm(s) should be arriving in a few days.

Back on 8/10 I ordered a stripped lower from Spikes. (For a while there I was thinking I might need it to hang some parts on just in case my lowers didn't show.)

Of course it was delivered yesterday and my 2 group buy lowers shipped today. These things come in three's. I should have time to built up the Spike's lower on Thursday.

Spikes, it's full of bling.....

P1010009.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I just called my FFL and currently the AK and both pistols are in stock. :) One ar is being held till closer, one pending check and the others status is not sure.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Spike's Lower Grows Up

My new Spike's stripped lower grew up to be a real rifle tonight.

Before and after pictures below.

I'm pretty sure sure I won't keep the ACOG on this rifle. It will probably end up with my Aimpoint T1 on it as soon as I pick up a mount. I think I'm most excited about the buttstock. It's Magpul's new ACS. Similar to LMT's excellent SOPMOD but with more features and much less expensive. It's rock solid with a great cheek weld and has all kinds of storage for batteries, small bottle of lube etc. Actually I just tried and found that you can fit a bore snake in the little compartment. The pistol grip is a Magpul MOE which has an insert that holds an extra bolt and firing pin or space for other stuff. The BUIS is from Magpul. At roughly $50.00 it's half as much as most backup sight systems. The handguard is a Magpul MOE as well. It's lighweight, rugged and very inexpensive with good heat shields and slots for mounting a pickatinney rail here and there. I'm pretty much over the whole free floating quad rail system thing. I have several but they are expensive and sometimes heavy. All I ever mount is a light anyway and maybe a vertical grip now and then.

I'm sure the configuration will change a few times until I get it just right. Right now I guess it's a Magpul fan boy's dream. I hate tac-cool for the most part and Magpul is all that and more but their stuff works and nobody is more innovative.

If you've never put together your own build you need to give it a try. Fun stuff.

Before:

P1010009.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

After:

P1010001-1.jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
AWESOME. I like the quasi HK trigger group markings and totally love the INFIDEL markings. All you need is a little white paint on the right side of the selector.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
AWESOME. I like the quasi HK trigger group markings and totally love the INFIDEL markings. All you need is a little white paint on the right side of the selector.

They do a lot more now but Spike's got started doing etchings on AR lowers. They have standard stuff they do for almost nothing. The Infidel was $ 5.00. They will put almost anything you want on the mag well or at least they did at one time. I'm sure they have done Navy wings. (seems like for someone here on AW) I'll bet they would also do squadron patches etc.

I was going to go check out in a new plane Sat but now I may have to go shoot this stick instead.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
They do a lot more now but Spike's got started doing etchings on AR lowers. They have standard stuff they do for almost nothing. The Infidel was $ 5.00. They will put almost anything you want on the mag well or at least they did at one time. I'm sure they have done Navy wings. (seems like for someone here on AW) I'll bet they would also do squadron patches etc.

I added a Marine EGA on my lower from Spike's for an extra $5.00 as well. I've bought from them a few times and have always been impressed with the quality of products and their customer service.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I added a Marine EGA on my lower from Spike's for an extra $5.00 as well. I've bought from them a few times and have always been impressed with the quality of products and their customer service.

I debated on the EGA but figured I had a better chance of pissing someone off with the Infidel.....

Spike's is putting together some great uppers lately and they make one of the best if not the best dedicated 22 LR uppers as well.

The lower above cost me $115.00 including the color fill and the Infidel. I got in at the last second on a group buy sponsored by AR15.com. As you know that lower normally costs almost $200.00.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I have a couple ejection port covers that have "Your Fucked" lasered on the inside of them....I don't have them here in the sandbox or I'd take a picture but I thought they were pretty clever.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I have a couple ejection port covers that have "Your Fucked" lasered on the inside of them....I don't have them here in the sandbox or I'd take a picture but I thought they were pretty clever.

Clever until your kindergarten teacher sees it... 'your' in for a scolding then.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Nice catch! I'm fairly positive they are grammatically correct, obviously I am not.
<----Of course those gold things under my name allow me to do whatever the fuck I want:)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Nice catch! I'm fairly positive they are grammatically correct, obviously I am not.
<----Of course those gold things under my name allow me to do whatever the fuck I want:)

Weapons of mass destruction don't have to be grammatically correct. The person being center punched won't bitch.

Where in CONUS might one find said politically and possibly grammatically incorrect dust covers?

Inquiring knuckle draggers want to know.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I got them off of AR15.com.....do a little looking as there are several fellas that laser ejection port covers. Unfortunately, I don't remember the guys name, but I think I only paid like an extra $5 over what a normal ejection port cover costs. Plus, it's funny as shit.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I got them off of AR15.com.....do a little looking as there are several fellas that laser ejection port covers. Unfortunately, I don't remember the guys name, but I think I only paid like an extra $5 over what a normal ejection port cover costs. Plus, it's funny as shit.

Well Noveske was selling what you see below. Why anyone would want that on their AR I couldn't say. Must be a don't ask don't tell kind of thing.

I wouldn't mind one that said "America Fuck Yea" if I couldn't find "You're Fucked". Dirka Dirka does it for me too.

surprise.jpg