• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
can you buy a colt m4 from a dealer or do they only issue them to military personnel?
We operate just like any other citizen of this country. We don't get special privileges. If we need automatic weapons in the course of our duties, we are issued them, just as if we need an F/A-18. No M-4s were made prior to 1986. Thus no one, military or civilian, can personally own one.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
We operate just like any other citizen of this country. We don't get special privileges. If we need automatic weapons in the course of our duties, we are issued them, just as if we need an F/A-18. No M-4s were made prior to 1986. Thus no one, military or civilian, can personally own one.

From Wikipedia

U.S. citizen ownership

As such, only the earliest Colt M4 prototypes built prior to 19 May 1986 would be legal to own by civilians not in the categories mentioned. However, as US firearms law considers the lower receiver of a M16/M4 type rifle to be the "firearm" (the serial numbered and, in the case of machine guns, registered under federal law, part of the weapon), a registered Colt M16 (much more common than an actual M4) may be configured as an M4 by replacing the M16 upper receiver/barrel assembly with an M4 top half, and replacing the fixed rifle stock with a 4-position telescoping M4 stock.

DangerousDan

Nick Very Nice.

I went out on a limb yesterday and am now 520 dollars poorer.
Century Arms Romanian SAR-1 AK.
Uploaded_633799235309658750_File.JPG

Also have committed to spend another 900 bucks as well.
NIB/Unfired Bushmaster Target Model A2 20"

STA73950-1.jpg

Some good deals which I found on other fourms. I dont mind buying the AK because Im helping the guy pay his bills for the month.

Update I just happened to go and spend some more of the money burning in my pocket. Having gone over $3000, I think I have had enough for a while. The rest I can buy when I get home. Wont keep me from looking though!

Kimber Custom II $900

Sig Navy 226 $725

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Sig Navy 1.jpg
    Sig Navy 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 31

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Update I just happened to go and spend some more of the money burning in my pocket. Having gone over $3000, I think I have had enough for a while. The rest I can buy when I get home. Wont keep me from looking though!

Sig Navy 226 $725

Your Sig = Love at first sight. I want it. Someday I'll have it. (not yours specifically.)

DangerousDan

Just wanted to pass another FYI.

Another Daniel Defense M4, coming out to compete with "simple" variants like the Colt 6920.

585.jpg

Price is 1150-ish, very nice.

I realized this was coming when I saw one on gunbroker and also from talking with the VP of sales from AIM surplus. Apparently the'll put together a good package deal once they get these.

I think if I could have one made by DD it would be a 14.5 in with a pinned suppressor and a 7.5 inch rail. I actually like the one with the rail just don't like it being out past the front sight post so much though it would be good for a bipod. Have the magpul grip and stock and a flip up site and I would be fine.

Junk, That Sig Navy was too good of a deal to pass up since I knew what new ones were selling for and it was 100 less than a new one plus came with multiple sets of hand guards plus holster and mag carriers. The kimber was also a package deal which included 2 holsters, 5 mags and 200 rounds of hollow point for the price of a new gun itself.

Trust me I am a good fan of trying to find a bargain. I found a guy at home who has a a RRA with a 14.5 in barrel which I could get for about the same price as this one. Might go and shoot it when I get home if its still around.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
They just cashed my check for the ones I bought at auction. . .here's hoping they ship soon.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Money, I just bought a 10.5" LMT Upper for one of them that I purchased.....and the next is going to be a MK 12 MOD 0 Clone, pics to follow.

DangerousDan

I realized this was coming when I saw one on gunbroker and also from talking with the VP of sales from AIM surplus. Apparently the'll put together a good package deal once they get these.

I think if I could have one made by DD it would be a 14.5 in with a pinned suppressor and a 7.5 inch rail. I actually like the one with the rail just don't like it being out past the front sight post so much though it would be good for a bipod. Have the magpul grip and stock and a flip up site and I would be fine.

Junk, That Sig Navy was too good of a deal to pass up since I knew what new ones were selling for and it was 100 less than a new one plus came with multiple sets of hand guards plus holster and mag carriers. The kimber was also a package deal which included 2 holsters, 5 mags and 200 rounds of hollow point for the price of a new gun itself.

Trust me I am a good fan of trying to find a bargain. I found a guy at home who has a a RRA with a 14.5 in barrel which I could get for about the same price as this one. Might go and shoot it when I get home if its still around.

I ended up not going with daniel Defense. Instead saw a low round count Noveske N4 with 14.5 Inch Barrel on AR15.com and jumped on it.

Attachments

• P3250425.JPG
    P3250425.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P3250426.JPG
    P3250426.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 16

FLY_USMC

pilot
In case no one else noticed, as of 7/10 they are supposed to start shipping...which makes me think the UPS notification my wife recieved "might" be my stripped lowers.

And a comment I was going to make about "FFL's" is probably better left unstated.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Colt AR15's - How Low Can They Go

I need another AR like I need a hole in the head but it's like Bevo said about his new Sig.... "I may be stupid but I'm not crazy". A new, never out of the box, small pin Colt LE6920 for $1099 is a damn good deal. Three months ago the same weapon was selling for $1500 or better.

I wasn't in the market but I had no choice but to break out the plastic.

They have more if anyone is interested.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=218312

Things are really getting soft in the AR market.

The law of supply and demand. It still works.