• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

Bevo16

pilot
ONLY $1,200.00 for the upper? :)

It's one hell of a high quality barrel and it comes with a sweet free floating hand guard. With a $400 lower, you have a complete rifle (sans optic) for $1600. That's not bad.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
It's one hell of a high quality barrel and it comes with a sweet free floating hand guard. With a $400 lower, you have a complete rifle (sans optic) for $1600. That's not bad.

Not to bad at all. Do you know why they went with a gas system instead of a piston system?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to bad at all. Do you know why they went with a gas system instead of a piston system?
Here we go again. I've put several hundred rounds of Wolf, Brown Bear, and XM193 through my standard gas-operated AR with nary a malfunction. OK, granted, I clean it thoroughly after each range session. I am not a grunt, I've never been in ground combat; I'll probably never have my AR in a position where it has to perform after shooting 300 rounds in 3 days without being cleaned. But neither will 99 percent of the AR owners on the planet. If, God forbid, someone invades my home, and my life is in danger, I'm pulling out my pistol, not my AR. That won't put rounds into the neighbor's living room. :sleep_125

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I've never been in ground combat....If, God forbid, someone invades my home, and my life is in danger, I'm pulling out my pistol, not my AR...
No ground combat??? Then you've never met my first wife ...

If someone invades MY home ... well, that's what the Claymores are for ... :)

utak

On a previous thread I started when I was debating on keeping one lower or just getting another one. The issue was resolved when I recently came across a great deal for a Rock River Arms fixed A2 stock lower for $280. I snatched it. It's gonna be my SPR project.

It didn't come in with a match trigger, no problems cause I just got a Geissele SSA match trigger. I've also replaced the A2 stock with a A1 stock, I find it a lot more comfortable and mobile. Also found a great deal on Sierra 77gr OTM match ammo, equiv to Mk 262. Snatched 300 rds for $200 ish.

Upper is on order and will take a few more months ... no problems since it's kinda one of my Winging/RAG gifts to myself. Won't look into optics until the new car issue is taken care of.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
That is a fair price, but not a "can't miss" deal. But if it is not what you want, don't buy it.

Bottom line is that it is YOUR gun. It is only worth what you are willing to pay, and the add on gadgets are YOUR choice as well. Just try not to go to crazy.

tacticoolAR15.jpg

I think there's 13 pieces of flair on there.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

The most accurate upper I've ever owned is built on the same Larue Stealth upper receiver and floating rail system. I'm not much of a bench rest shooter but I have pictures of sub MOA 3 shot groups I shot with that thing from 100 yards. It has a different barrel (Kotonics 18" 6.8 SPC) but my barrel also has the same ION bond finish. If you've never seen it that ION Bond finish in black is absolutely beautiful and all but indestructable.

Larue is known as an innovator but it's good to see they (and the barrel manufacturer) are paying attention to what's working well for others. The Wylde chamber is slightly tighter than a mil spec 5.56 chamber and is probably the only reason a Rock River AR is more accurate that many other stock AR's.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

I have a piston AR mostly mostly because of the cool factor. Mark Larue is a smart business man and may see today's piston market as too small and unsettled to put it on his flagship upper. In a perfect world it's true that I probably would choose it over a gas AR in a nasty environment. There are other things to factor in though. The big one being spare parts availability. You break something on that short stroke piston system and you are shit out of luck unless you have spare parts handy.

Here we go again. I've put several hundred rounds of Wolf, Brown Bear, and XM193 through my standard gas-operated AR with nary a malfunction. OK, granted, I clean it thoroughly after each range session. I am not a grunt, I've never been in ground combat; I'll probably never have my AR in a position where it has to perform after shooting 300 rounds in 3 days without being cleaned. But neither will 99 percent of the AR owners on the planet. If, God forbid, someone invades my home, and my life is in danger, I'm pulling out my pistol, not my AR. That won't put rounds into the neighbor's living room. :sleep_125

Normally, ie when it's not full of sand, a gas AR should run just fine for many more than 300 rounds without cleaning. If it won't you are probably running it too dry.

The best info I've ever seen in one place about lubricating an AR was written by Pat Rogers. It's been published in several places but here is one link I found for it: http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/Lubrication-Cleaning-by-t19367.html

RussBow6

can you studs call up colt and get the m4 carbine directly from them since you're in the military and winged?
that'd be a pretty sweet perk if you could. maybe throw on an m203 as well ha. zombies won't know what hit em...

not to thread jack but i just got my pistol carry permit in CT so it looks like i'll be getting a sig p226 (navy version? haha) and getting used to that on the range.

anybody use h&k's pistols? the mark 23 is a beast.

utak

This was long and coming for quite a while. My evil contribution to the black rifle community.

rifle01.png

rifle02.png

LWRC M6 piston, upgraded with EOTech 553, Troy BUIS, Daniel Defense Omega Piston Rail, and TangoDown grips. Regular trigger custom tuned by Bill Springfield to single stage 4 lb. Magazine is black but due to camera flash, looks grey.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Nick Very Nice.

I went out on a limb yesterday and am now 520 dollars poorer.
Century Arms Romanian SAR-1 AK.
Uploaded_633799235309658750_File.JPG

Also have committed to spend another 900 bucks as well.
NIB/Unfired Bushmaster Target Model A2 20"

STA73950-1.jpg

Some good deals which I found on other fourms. I dont mind buying the AK because Im helping the guy pay his bills for the month.