• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

FLY_USMC

pilot
i bought 2 from the 2nd Amendment website and I could've swore when I bought them the website said May/June.....not June/July. I paid with a CC and the money has already been taken. I too expected them whenver I got them, no big deal to me. In anticipation of them coming Julyish, I've went ahead and bought a RR Arms NM 2-Stage LPK, and then just a standard CMMG Single-Stage LPK. I'm sure they'll come eventually, hell, for the $83 a piece or whatever I paid, I'll wait......I'm cheap like that.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Me too and I have a long memory when it comes to that kind of crap. Especially with mags and ammo.

There are others but AimSurplus stays consistant and as does 44mag where I try to buy most of my mags
http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MAG211

This last years price gouging has exposed several vendors and put them on my NEVER buy from list.

Hmmm... Daniel Defense M4 1500
RRA Kit + lower+parts+fees(guess) 900

humm choices choices.

Yeah if I bought from AIM id get like 3 at once.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
i bought 2 from the 2nd Amendment website and I could've swore when I bought them the website said May/June.....not June/July. I paid with a CC and the money has already been taken. I too expected them whenver I got them, no big deal to me. In anticipation of them coming Julyish, I've went ahead and bought a RR Arms NM 2-Stage LPK, and then just a standard CMMG Single-Stage LPK. I'm sure they'll come eventually, hell, for the $83 a piece or whatever I paid, I'll wait......I'm cheap like that.

Yea I'm the same way. Like you guys I figured for that price I'll wait. It wouldn't suprise me at all for it to slip again. My thought was to use one to build a "trunk gun" with the parts I've got laying around and just stash the other for a rainy day.

It did say May/June earlier by the way. They hit my credit card too which again I kind of expected because I'd imagine this is a very small shop.

It will be interesting to see who's stuff get's shipped first. Orders from the Second Amendment website or orders from the auction site.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Hmmm... Daniel Defense M4 1500
RRA Kit + lower+parts+fees(guess) 900

humm choices choices.

Yeah if I bought from AIM id get like 3 at once.

Choices are good for sure but for the last several months it's been a bit tough to plan anything. A year ago the choice might have been to buy the DD M4 and hope to find a way to afford the others or buy the RRA Kit/build and have no problems buying the others. Simple choice. Based on the way you plan to use it are the differences between the RRA and DD are worth the extra cost. Then weight that against how badly you want the other stuff.

Today the choice is made harder because putting a build together is not easy, especially if you have a budget AND a deadline. Deciding what you want and who you want to buy it from is easy online. Assembling the parts and pieces once you get them is plenty simple. Finding them at a reasonable price (or even at all) and in a reasonable amount of time is another story.

I think we may be slowly turning the corner on some of this panic buying but all it will take to drive demand thru the roof again is for Speaker Pelosi or AG Holder to say something silly. Again.

Bevo16

pilot
I think we may be slowly turning the corner on some of this panic buying but all it will take to drive demand thru the roof again is for Speaker Pelosi or AG Holder to say something silly. Again.

Or you we could have a new Supreme Court Justice that does not believe in the 2nd amendment:

"The 2nd Amendment Does Not Apply To The States"

Say what?

I know this is not going to change the balance of the court, but we really need to pray for the health of the Justices who have actually taken the time to read the constitution.

DangerousDan

Choices are good for sure but for the last several months it's been a bit tough to plan anything. A year ago the choice might have been to buy the DD M4 and hope to find a way to afford the others or buy the RRA Kit/build and have no problems buying the others. Simple choice. Based on the way you plan to use it are the differences between the RRA and DD are worth the extra cost. Then weight that against how badly you want the other stuff.

Today the choice is made harder because putting a build together is not easy, especially if you have a budget AND a deadline. Deciding what you want and who you want to buy it from is easy online. Assembling the parts and pieces once you get them is plenty simple. Finding them at a reasonable price (or even at all) and in a reasonable amount of time is another story.

Well since I am flush with "deployment money" I wont say money isnt an problem right now. And if Im going to get the M4 from AIM Id rather just order them all at once rather than trying to get them piecemeal later. Plus the rest of my list isn't potentially going to be banned by the new admin.

Between the DD and RRA, I think RRA would be an adequate plinker and I dont care how long it would take to get it in stock since I have 5 months left before I come home. I found a place that has RRA Receiver Kits + parts for 200 which would mate up nicely with the 655 RRA whole rifle kits minus the receiver. Although i don't particularly need the quality of a DD (since I wont be trusting my life to it) if Im going to go and buy Id would much rather spend the extra 500 bucks(1000 bucks for the kit) to get something of good quality to start with rather than trying to upgrade later since it cheaper to buy something nice once rather than buying multiple copies of something cheap when it breaks.

What I really like from the DD kit is the fact you have a top of the line rifle with an aimpoint and mags for cheaper than you can buy it apart. However I am still getting sticker shock. Especially when I look at the cost for all 3 rifles being 3300 and realizing that most of it is the DD Kit.
RRA_combo.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of Aimpoint, LaRue, Crimson Trace, and Galco, etc ... at least I think someone did ....

I just checked my latest issue of 'NRA Shooting Education' for NRA Certified Instructors -- which I usually toss as I haven't instructed 'classes' for a couple of years ... so I scan the articles, headlines, ignore the ads, and toss .... BUT: I actually read this issue cover to cover and there are discounts on the above products for NRA Instructors ranging from 25%-40% off retail ... not a bad deal.

Worth checking into if you're an Instructor ... possibly worth getting your NRA certification if you're not ... :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This pops up the day after I order an EoTech. Sheesh. :icon_tong

utak

If you're still looking into an upper, there's another option you probaly want to look into as well. Centurion Arms

The guy who runs it is an active duty SEAL with 15+ years of experience in the Teams. He's still on active duty so this is kinda of an on-the-side hobby for him. He can build you anything you want, from cold hammer forged barrels seperately, to custom uppers of your choosing, to exact mil-spec replicas of the Mark 12 Mod 1 SPR (right down to the exact barrel manufactured by NSWC Crane).

DangerousDan

If you're still looking into an upper, there's another option you probaly want to look into as well. Centurion Arms

The guy who runs it is an active duty SEAL with 15+ years of experience in the Teams. He's still on active duty so this is kinda of an on-the-side hobby for him. He can build you anything you want, from cold hammer forged barrels seperately, to custom uppers of your choosing, to exact mil-spec replicas of the Mark 12 Mod 1 SPR (right down to the exact barrel manufactured by NSWC Crane).

Very cool. However what I think Id marry up to that lower is a RRA standard A2 which looks very traditional. Although it would be nice to buy from him that would mean both m4s would be in the same price range up to 2 k.

I was pricing up for what I wanted 1 WASR, 1 PSL, 1 DD M4 and 1 RRA A2 and realized it was 4k thats a lot to be spending even if you made 6k last month.

navy09

None
Price Question

Looked at a Bushmaster AR for $889 today. The only thing I'm not crazy about is it has a fixed carry handle vice the flat top rail. It comes with 1 mag, sling, and case. Is that a fair price? Should I save up a little longer for a flat top?

Bevo16

pilot
Looked at a Bushmaster AR for $889 today. The only thing I'm not crazy about is it has a fixed carry handle vice the flat top rail. It comes with 1 mag, sling, and case. Is that a fair price? Should I save up a little longer for a flat top?

That is a fair price, but not a "can't miss" deal. But if it is not what you want, don't buy it.

Bottom line is that it is YOUR gun. It is only worth what you are willing to pay, and the add on gadgets are YOUR choice as well. Just try not to go to crazy.

tacticoolAR15.jpg