• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I was thinking "bitch box" myself...or "growler"...and no, not the deuce kind of growler resulting from mid-rats chili mac either, MB.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
and other shit that only the Navy cares about. 1MCs exist in staterooms, but have a nasty habit of shedding wires shortly after being inhabited.

Correction, stuff only the SWOs care about. I have no need to have my nap interrupted at it's 1330 by bells and whistles. As for the wires....it's all well and good until you're paged to the CO's stateroom to be bitched out. All 3 of us LTs were paged up there and we didn't hear it. One of the cooler SWOs came and gave us a heads up. We didn't believe him until we heard the second (actually, probably third) page in the p-way. Oops.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Correction, stuff only the SWOs care about. I have no need to have my nap interrupted at it's 1330 by bells and whistles. As for the wires....it's all well and good until you're paged to the CO's stateroom to be bitched out. All 3 of us LTs were paged up there and we didn't hear it. One of the cooler SWOs came and gave us a heads up. We didn't believe him until we heard the second (actually, probably third) page in the p-way. Oops.
That's the great thing (among many others) about the carrier. Except in truly rare circumstance "the man" who owns the 1MC doesn't know any JO pilot names.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's the great thing (among many others) about the carrier. Except in truly rare circumstance "the man" who owns the 1MC doesn't know any JO pilot names.

I hear you. There's much more to the story, but the short of it is I will be more than happy to go to "the man's" stateroom over and over again to try and support/help/heal a very ill maintainer when the DH/O-4 won't do a damn thing and then rats you out.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I hear you. There's much more to the story, but the short of it is I will be more than happy to go to "the man's" stateroom over and over again to try and support/help/heal a very ill maintainer when the DH/O-4 won't do a damn thing and then rats you out.
Thanks for making me feel like an a$$.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
XXXX is my favorite Australian beer with Victoria Bitter a close second, I can't wait to go back!

Australlia......it had to be the Calamari Steaks......HUGE! I also enjoyed Singapore's Tiger Beer. I actually still have a Tiger Mug that a Scottish Sailor (Singapore liberty port as well) stole from a bar. Damn, those guys could drink!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Unless "The Man" is a pilot/NFO from your community, as is the case on my boat.

Brett

badger16

None
XXXX is my favorite Australian beer with Victoria Bitter a close second, I can't wait to go back!

VB is always first! The only actual (read not FOSTERS!) Australian beer I can find is Toohey's New from NSW...its okay but its got nothing on VB.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
VB is always first! The only actual (read not FOSTERS!) Australian beer I can find is Toohey's New from NSW...its okay but its got nothing on VB.

Toohey's is alright but doesn't compare to VB or XXXX. Coincidentally, Victoria Bitter is owned by the same company that owns Fosters.

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
I keep seeing some instructors wearing a set of wings that are not quite regulation Naval Aviator wings. The top has what looks like ruffled feathers. One instructor told me they were Coastie wings, but I have also seen marines wearnig them any ideas?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I keep seeing some instructors wearing a set of wings that are not quite regulation Naval Aviator wings. The top has what looks like ruffled feathers. One instructor told me they were Coastie wings, but I have also seen marines wearnig them any ideas?
I don't know what they are, but your instructor either doesn't know what he is talking about OR he's screwing around with you.

Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard all wear the same wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.