• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lockerbie

Red Pilgrim

Once again 'many' is relative. I don't veiw five or six people out of 300 million as all that much. Understandbly these are only people you've met. I'm sure others have met others who also believe that.

A simple reviewing of polls will tell you otherwise though. While some believe the government may have known of the attacks very few actually believe the U.S. government actually carried the attacks out themselves.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Once again many is relative. I don't veiw five or six people out of 300 million as all that much. Understandbly these are only people you've met. I'm sure others have met others who also believe that.

A simple reviewing of polls will tell you otherwise though. While some believe the government may have known of the attacks very few actually believe the U.S. government actually carried the attacks out themselves.

Alright, lets not split hairs. All I'm saying is that its a large number of people to believe something that absurd.

Red Pilgrim

All I'm saying is that his comparing American conspiracy theorists to those who believe Megrahi was innocent is comparing apples to oranges.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
The comment that started this sidetrack said "many" and I paralleled it in an attempt to highlight the ridiculous nature of such a claim.

And it is apples to apples. Megrahi was tried, legally, and found guilty based on a preponderance of evidence. He had ample opportunity for appeals and was still sitting in prison. Those who maintain his innocence are of the same ilk as those who dream up fantastic conspiracy theories, alleging goverment cover-ups.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
The comment that started this sidetrack said "many" and I paralleled it in an attempt to highlight the ridiculous nature of such a claim.

And it is apples to apples. Megrahi was tried, legally, and found guilty based on a preponderance of evidence. He had ample opportunity for appeals and was still sitting in prison. Those who maintain his innocence are of the same ilk as those who dream up fantastic conspiracy theories, alleging goverment cover-ups.

But, he was granted an appeal. He withdrew the appeal because Scotland does not grant a compassionate release to any inmate who is currently involved an on-going legal proceeding. He could seek to continue to appeal the verdict and died in prison, or he could have allowed for the conviction to stand and be released to return home. He chose to return home.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If we'd killed the bastard ... or if he'd been executed after the verdict was handed down (an execution he richly deserved for killing an airplane load of people) ... we would not be having this discussion nor this hand wringing.

There must be a lesson there, somewhere ... :confused::sleep_125

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I don't see how the innocent Scots who make whiskey should be punished with boycotts while the bomber goes free--

nursesoon

Banned
If we'd killed the bastard ... or if he'd been executed after the verdict was handed down (an execution he richly deserved for killing an airplane load of people) ... we would not be having this discussion nor this hand wringing.

There must be a lesson there, somewhere ... :confused::sleep_125
No, we'd be having another discussion about executing people and then after a more through investigation discovering no proof of the charges. State sanctioned murder is still murder. And the hand wringing continues evermore.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, we'd be having another discussion about executing people and then after a more through investigation discovering no proof of the charges. State sanctioned murder is still murder. And the hand wringing continues evermore.

Is that your learned legal opinion? Murder is a legal definition, so if an execution is performed according to the laws in that jurisdiction, it is necessarily not murder. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't make it murder.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You can go wring your fucking hands all you want ... just make sure you wash 'em afterwards.

And you & I would not be having any 'discussions' in any case, as I don't argue with idiots. Doing so makes it difficult to tell us apart ... and I don't give a flying fuck what you think about anything ... just so we understand one another.

All you bring to this web forum is argument. If that's all you have -- I suggest you practice the fine art of STFU before you get banned again ... this time for a lot more than 2 weeks.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
bullshit bullshit bullshit, and then this:... after a more through investigation discovering no proof of the charges. State sanctioned murder is still murder. And the hand wringing continues evermore.

What the fuck, over? Are you fucking kidding me? What is it that warps your sense of right and wrong so much as to feel more compassion towards a murdering bastard before the families of the victims? I'm no bible thumpin moralist, by any means of the imagination, but I grew up knowing right and wrong...and what you just spewed IS NOT RIGHT.

Some people are so bad that they don't deserve to live anymore. This is one of those people. He deserved to rot in prison at best, die with 100,000 volts chasin' a rabbit through him at worst.