• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lockerbie

Red Pilgrim

Exodus 21:24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth... Were not really going to go down this road so soon again are we?

"You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I tell you, don't resist an evildoer. On the contrary, if anyone slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." -Matthew 5:38-39

"For it is written: Vengeance belong to Me; I will repay" -Romans 12:19

I personally would like to see him receive a harsher punishment but that's for God to handle.

Edit: I'm a Christian and I don't support the death penalty. On a basis of faith it's because I believe in second chances and that a human can come to Christ at any point in his life. It's not for humans to determine who lives or who dies.

Reasoning from a non-faith perspective: it's too expensive. Letting them serve life in prison is cheaper than a death penalty.

You may still get to see 'justice' carried out in one form or another.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Let he without sin cast the first stone, yeah I know. I was just saying that Christians are not against the death penalty.

There's a reason why in general (specifically in the military) we don't talk about sex, religion, and/or politics. What it boils down to in the topic of religion, is that not everyone is the same thing, and basically not all of us give a crap or want to talk about it. ;)

Angels

Contributor
"You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I tell you, don't resist an evildoer. On the contrary, if anyone slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." -Matthew 5:38-39

"For it is written: Vengeance belong to Me; I will repay" -Romans 12:19

I personally would like to see him receive a harsher punishment but that's for God to handle.

Edit: I'm a Christian and I don't support the death penalty. On a basis of faith it's because I believe in second chances and that a human can come to Christ at any point in his life. It's not for humans to determine who lives or who dies.

Reasoning from a non-faith perspective: it's too expensive. Letting them serve life in prison is cheaper than a death penalty.

You may still get to see 'justice' carried out in one form or another.
The bold- I thought I was clear enough without the an and for. Totally agree on the second chances. Also think that life is precious and some people don't deserve to live. Keeping someone in prison is also expensive.

And no, of course I am not the spokesperson. Apparently should have said this Christian is for the death penalty.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
And no, of course I am not the spokesperson. Apparently should have said this Christian is for the death penalty.

Well THIS Jew is for not talking about religion and getting back to breasts, beer, money and flying. :D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
there's a reason why in general (specifically in the military) we don't talk about sex, religion, and/or politics. What it boils down to in the topic of religion, is that not everyone is the same thing, and basically not all of us give a crap or want to talk about it. ;)

wat?!

Red Pilgrim

The bold- I thought I was clear enough without the an and for.

You aren't focusing on verse 39. Let's look at the whole passage instead of just picking and choosing what we want. That never works out well in the end.

We can talk about the error in judgement that the British have made or we can focus on domestic affairs instead. At least they're releasing killers thousands of miles away from them. Club Gitmo anyone?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
...drivel...

The point is the guy doesn't deserve to serve a day less than the court imposed life sentence. Yes. There was a quid pro quo with the Libyans. It doesn't change the fact that this guy does not deserve compassion.

This isn't a guy who got drunk and killed someone with his car. He conspired to blow up a plane and killed over 200 people, and served less than 9 years in jail for it. There's no space for compassion or empathy when dealing with an asshole of that magnitude.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Holy shit. I hate religious threads with the passion of a million fiery hells.

This is probably someone's penance. Somebody who missed an Our Father or a Hail Mary somewhere along the line has to read these things until a slot for them opens up in heaven.