• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lockerbie

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
The point is the guy doesn't deserve to serve a day less than the court imposed life sentence. Yes. There was a quid pro quo with the Libyans. It doesn't change the fact that this guy does not deserve compassion.

This isn't a guy who got drunk and killed someone with his car. He conspired to blow up a plane and killed over 200 people, and served less than 9 years in jail for it. There's no space for compassion or empathy when dealing with an asshole of that magnitude.

I think I agree most with your post sitting as an American. I do respect Scotland's decision to abide by their customs. Theoretically, there is profound integrity involved with being able to evaluate and maintain your core values against the desire to dole out retribution.

Angels

Contributor
You aren't focusing on verse 39. Let's look at the whole passage instead of just picking and choosing what we want. That never works out well in the end.
Dude, I know thanks. I wasn't going to get all philosophical with an atheist. I was trying to pick something I thought he could understand. I agree this is not the time or the place so feel free to PM me if you feel it is needed. And the typo police, kind of annoying. Just sayin.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
So for those of us who want to talk about the original subject, they showed footage of him arriving in Libya and they were cheering and hailing him as a hero. Talk about unsettling/disgusting.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
WWJD?

Brett

Brett, I blame you for the ugly turn this thread took. You threw out the lure and reeled it in. It's never fun and rarely enlightening to try and debate religion on the interwebs so if folks would leave that to PMs, I for one would be much happier - and I know that's what you really care about anyway:icon_tong

WWJD? FWIW, He's a friend of mine and I'm pretty sure he would say "Nice job" after I had run my Gerber Mark II blade up under this murdering scumbag's throat and into his brain. Retribution? No. We kill bad guys, and train to kill bad guys. It's what we do.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, I blame you for the ugly turn this thread took.

I fully accept said blame. :D It only gets ugly because people can't have a discussion without letting their emotions get wildly out of hand. Kind of exposes people's true colors (and intelligence level), don't you think? You may now resume the fascinating discourse about whether or not Angels should dole out capital punishment in a matter in which she has absolutely no standing (and no clue). ;)

Brett

Angels

Contributor
I fully accept said blame. :D It only gets ugly because people can't have a discussion without letting their emotions get wildly out of hand. Kind of exposes people's true colors (and intelligence level), don't you think? You may now resume the fascinating discourse about whether or not Angels should dole out capital punishment in a matter in which she has absolutely no standing (and no clue). ;)

Brett
Brett, my response to you was in jest. I thought you would get that. I didn't know I would hit such a hot button issue with you. PM sent.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
He is welcomed back with a hero's welcome. +1 for the war on terror?

RussBow6

we just gave the notion to potential terrorists everywhere that they can be convicted of a crime and be allowed to go home if they need to... awesome deterrent. hooray modern society