• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyles???

mikedjp

Steve Wilkins said:
So, you haven't worked with the Navy yet, but you're telling us to have a Navy day. Do tell, what is exactly, a Navy day? Curious minds are watching this thread closely.

I think I saw a bumber sticker that said that once. I thought a bunch of Navy dudes would enjoy a Navy day, just trying to be polite. It's like when you are in a foreign country and you only know how to say a few words in the local language, so you say what you know and locals look at you and smile politely fully understanding you don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you guys can shed some light for me about what a Navy day is.

KBayDog

mikedjp said:
Maybe you guys can shed some light for me about what a Navy day is.

At the office by 8-ish, work on a PowerPoint presentation or two, hit the gym by 10, lunch from 11-1, out of the office NLT 2:30, tee off at 3:00.

mikedjp

KBayDog said:
At the office by 8-ish, work on a PowerPoint presentation or two, hit the gym by 10, lunch from 11-1, out of the office NLT 2:30, tee off at 3:00.

sweet. I'll probably even start telling Air Force guys to have a Navy day too now.

Actually I wondered over to this site a few days ago to read up on Prowlers, as it is an option for USAF EWOs occassionally, and flying a Prowler sounds like fun. I'm not trying to get into a flame war about which service is better. I'm actually a Navy brat, although the old man retired before I was old enough to really get an idea of what a Navy day was. I like the idea of a culture/training where you are treated like an adult and allowed make your own decisions. The AF dictates everything to the T, it works for us. Like Brett said we get our mission done with a similar rate of success. I can't argue with guys that have worked operationally with both services, so I won't. I know the USAF does a great job at what we do and I know you guys do a great job at what you so on that note, I'm going to get back to why I'm here.

When is the Navy going to retire the Prowlers? Rumors abound. I would like to do the exchange tour in the future. Then I can have a basis to talk sh!t about you guys:D just kidding.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navy Day?

mikedjp said:
sweet. I'll probably even start telling Air Force guys to have a Navy day too now.

Sock or no sock, it's more appropriate to say "Fine Navy Day" as in "Have yourself a Fine Navy Day!"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mikedjp said:

Actually I wondered over to this site a few days ago to read up on Prowlers, as it is an option for USAF EWOs occassionally, and flying a Prowler sounds like fun. I'm not trying to get into a flame war about which service is better. I'm actually a Navy brat, although the old man retired before I was old enough to really get an idea of what a Navy day was. I like the idea of a culture/training where you are treated like an adult and allowed make your own decisions. The AF dictates everything to the T, it works for us. Like Brett said we get our mission done with a similar rate of success. I can't argue with guys that have worked operationally with both services, so I won't. I know the USAF does a great job at what we do and I know you guys do a great job at what you so on that note, I'm going to get back to why I'm here.

When is the Navy going to retire the Prowlers? Rumors abound. I would like to do the exchange tour in the future. Then I can have a basis to talk sh!t about you guys:D just kidding.
Prowlers are going to be around for a while - probably until as late as 2015 before the last squadron converts to the G model Hornet. I don't know the specifics of the USAF program requirements, but I've seen "Nav" types from just about every platform from F-15E to B-1 to EC-130. It recently became an option for first tour USAF guys too, so you could possibly select them out of VT-86. PM me if you have more specific questions about it.

Brett

BlaZe

Banned
Go into what YOU want to go to.

Considering the fact that just about everyone is totally biased I wouldnt even listen to the recruiters becuase so are they.

Everyone on this thread is biased and so will you be once you "Cross into the Blue", or "Accelerate your Life".

Wow, there is going to be a civil war between the AF and Navy one day.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BlaZe said:
Wow, there is going to be a civil war between the AF and Navy one day.

This is no different than High School or college rivalries. There is just as much mud-slinging or ribbing between Brownshoes and Blackshoes, sister squadrons (few that still exist), Naval Aviation Communities, Marines vs Navy, etc. Goes with the territory. When you go down range, you're all brothers and sisters.