• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyles???

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
Any Marine that says hu-ah to me better be joking or will get a swift biatch slap for being so gay.

Fred

Brett327 said:
You're right, she shouldn't, but often does. The problem is that by the time you figure out that your woman is not one of the "good" ones, it's too late. ;)

Brett

I think you need to read Dr Phil's new book on dating Brett. Seems you have a problem picking the right type. :D

The vast majority of the couples we knew who were married in flight school or directly after are still married. At least half made the Navy a career.

zelda

Nomad
I'm not sure if I could trust anything Dr. Phil writes ;). I've seen maybe 2 of his shows (not by choice) and couldn't stop laughing. I thought - "Is this guy for real??" There's a local radio station here who plays some of his one-liners during their show. They're a riot to hear. :D

Isela

sh89

Brett327 said:
Dr Phil is an agent of Satan.

Brett

Well, I think that Dr.Phil has a better show than Montel Williams. Montel once has a physic(Sylvia Browne) on his show, and she made so many errors(lol).

Guy: What do you see in store for my family in the future?
Sylvia Browne: hmmmhmmh....mmmhmhm.... Well, your father will live a long,long life.
Guy: My dad died three years ago in a car accident.

Alright, so it wasn't that bad, but his physic wasn't impressive at all.

sh89

sh89 said:
Well, I think that Dr.Phil has a better show than Montel Williams. Montel once has a physic(Sylvia Browne) on his show, and she made so many errors(lol).

Guy: What do you see in store for my family in the future?
Sylvia Browne: hmmmhmmh....mmmhmhm.... Well, your father will live a long,long life.
Guy: My dad died three years ago in a car accident.

Alright, so it wasn't that bad, but his physic wasn't impressive at all.

I meant psychic, not physic.

mikedjp

sh89 said:
:icon_tong I am sure that the Air Force is not that bad.

Is there an Air Force equivalent to air warriors?

I am been considering the AFrotc unit at UCLA.However, I have talked with an Air Force recruiter, and he said that only 10-25% of those willing get pilot slots. :eek:

the forum on baseops.net is sort of the air force version of this site. the only difference is you won't find threads that are 7 pages long bashing on the navy.

as an air force ots grad, i can confirm a couple of things that have been said here. there is a serious lack of emphasis (to a fault) on pt., especially in our officer training programs. i've seen fatasses in both the af and the navy. another thing that was said that i'll acknowledge a lot of air force pilots are pilots first and officers second...which sucks...but they usually get out and go for the airlines, so they aren't promoted, thankfully. but from listening to these guys you would think the air force is the only service with dirtbags in it...don't be naive there are even douchebags in the, gulp, navy.

also, a lot of the comments on here have been about AFROTC. i think most former afrotc cadets would agree that it is pretty gay. i know ots was. i also know that being in the operational air force is nothing like rotc, the academy, or ots. we have a huge mission that we do very well. depending on what you fly in the air force you will deploy often, you will be away from your family, and you will not always bed down in nice hotels (however you will stay in nice hotels more than anyone from any of the other services.) the air force admittedly has some issues, but if you want another perspective check out baseops.net or send me a message.

obviously i'm a lone soldier here and don't have the time, or desire to sort out what is true and what is bs on here, but don't believe everything you read about the air force on a navy forum.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ I, for one, base all my opinions about the USAF on years of personal experience operating, planning and flying with just about every platform an AEF brings to the fight. The biggest thing I take away from that experience is that the USAF is a completely different culture with a completely different way of doing just about every aspect of air warfare. On average, they probably get the mission done their way with a similar amount of success as the Navy. That being said, IMHO, they're as fvcked up as a soup sandwich. Their warrior culture compared to the Navy needs some serious work. Crew rest? Come on guys. Their culture stifles creativity and initiative which leads to a bunch of guys who are afraid to make a decision. If it were possible, I would choose to never operate with them again - including their tankers. Now, I'm sure the USAF guys can find just as many perceived faults with the Navy guys, so I'm not trying to make it sound like our sh!t doesn't stink. I'd just rather they keep their stink at a distance from me. ;) [/Rant]

Brett

mikedjp

I haven't worked with the Navy yet, but I can see your point. I'll offer another criticism of Air Force officers; while it is the pilots than run the air force at the top, flyers don't get a whole lot of leadership work as junior officers, like someone said earlier we fly and don't have to lead troops except the ones on our aircrews. That said USAF officers who don't fly tend to be better leaders with more initiative. I'm a newly minted 2d Lt, but I'm prior enlisted AF, (I was a C-5 loadmaster) and that is where I get my perspective from. I looked into both the Navy and the Air Force when I was joining, ended up having some factors that wouldn't let me come in as an O in either service, so I decided to enlist and try again as soon as I could. I picked the AF because I'm married and I was pretty sure than being a junior enlisted in the AF is a litte more family friendly than being a seaman in the Navy. In retrospect I realize that quality of life really depends on what job you get in whichever service, but I didn't like the idea hanging out on a ship for extended periods of time doing whatever those kids do. Anyway I'll reserve any complaints about the Navy's stink after I work with them. You guys definitely seem to have a little chip on your shoulder about the AF though.

Have a Navy day :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
mikedjp said:
You guys definitely seem to have a little chip on your shoulder about the AF though.

Well, it is a website based on the Naval Aviation. If it's chip, good. These guys and gals are damned proud to be sailors and Naval aviators. Nothing is perfect and the Navy is far from it but I'm still Navy through and through.

FLY NAVY :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mikedjp said:
I haven't worked with the Navy yet, but I can see your point.

Have a Navy day :)
So, you haven't worked with the Navy yet, but you're telling us to have a Navy day. Do tell, what is exactly, a Navy day? Curious minds are watching this thread closely.