• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyles???

sh89

Goober said:
Obviously you've never been to Singapore.

Good luck as you "cross into the blue."

Well, it sounds cooler than "Accelerate Your Life."

Plus, I am only considering the Air Force; I am also considering naval aviation.

Is there any reason not to become a pilot in the Air Force besides catapults and girls in singapore?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sh89 said:

Plus, I am only considering the Air Force; I am also considering naval aviation.

Is there any reason not to become a pilot in the Air Force besides catapults and girls in singapore?
Considering what's already been said here...if you have to ask, then you wouldn't understand. ;)

Brett

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
sh89 said:

I don't think all Navy ads are the greatest, but please explain how "cross into the blue" sounds cooler than "accelerate your life?"

Anyway, if all you think about in terms of naval aviation is catapults and girls in Singapore, you haven't really done enough research into it. I'm with Brett on this one. :)

ItsTurboTime

That OTS video made my jaw hit the floor. Nobody even got dirty! The instructors are smiling! How about a nice track for PFT's. And that obstacle course looked like it had been sterilized. Watch your footing or you'll end up in the Evian!

sh89

sirenia said:
I don't think all Navy ads are the greatest, but please explain how "cross into the blue" sounds cooler than "accelerate your life?"

Come on.." Accerlate your life"? Cross into the blue sounds much cooler.
Accerlate your life implies-to me at least- to join the navy for a better life.

Anyway, if all you think about in terms of naval aviation is catapults and girls in Singapore, you haven't really done enough research into it. I'm with Brett on this one. :)

I was commenting on the letter of why one should join the Navy rather than the Air Force. According to the letter, because of girls in singapore and catapults, one should be a Naval aviator.

I have heard service bashing from both sides. :confused: :confused:

---
Also, I am only considering the Air Force; I am not going to the Air Force. I have always loved Naval Aviation much more.
Air Force............................................................................(X).....................................Naval Aviation

ItsTurboTime

If one were better than the other, then we wouldn't have both. For some people, the Air Force is a better fit. Everyone is happier that way.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
ItsTurboTime said:
That OTS video made my jaw hit the floor. Nobody even got dirty! The instructors are smiling! How about a nice track for PFT's. And that obstacle course looked like it had been sterilized. Watch your footing or you'll end up in the Evian!

Gloves! Clapping!

What you clapping for, boy? You think this is some kinda show? You want me to take a bow, can-di-date? I want to see a 300-word essay on "Why Marines don't clap in the field" in my box at 0500.

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
What is the MAIN reason you would want to go into the air force? Quality of life? Do you care which service you associate yourself with?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I would think people would be rioting in the streets after seeing all those high speed videos. Who wouldn't want to live in South Dakota. Yes I know thats not the only place they live there is also North Dakota. If you want to "Cross into the blue" because it sounds cool, go ahead.

I have never talked to a Marine who thought or expected better QOL, they all expected time away from home/family, mud, and discomfort.

KBayDog

Killer2 said:
I have never talked to a Marine who thought or expected better QOL, they all expected time away from home/family, mud, and discomfort.

I joined with the expectation of nothing but technical training and money for college.

Nobody ever told me that I would be expected to go to war.

KBayDog

RetreadRand said:
I thought you guys fought dragons and climbed cliffs and stuff, and then once you were done with that you got to wear dress blues and hold a sword.

No kidding. My recruiter lied to me. :D

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
I thought you guys fought dragons and climbed cliffs and stuff, and then once you were done with that you got to wear dress blues and hold a sword.

Climb cliffs.... check (combat course)

Fight dragons....check (if by dragons you mean 8511's and by fight you mean cower in fear and shout replies at the top of your lungs)

Blues......nope. Commissioned in Greens.

Sword.....nope.

Yea, I got gypped.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
KBayDog said:
I joined with the expectation of nothing but technical training and money for college.

Nobody ever told me that I would be expected to go to war.

I said be away from family(read: deployments) When I went to sleep on 9/10 I expected nothing more than my class at 9:35 not 9/11

And thanks for telling me now I don't get to fight dragons, Its like being told the end of a movie right before it starts. Damn do I still get the Blues and sword?