• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyles???

Oldman

AF works sometimes, not for too long though.....I have no problem with them as long as they keep their golf courses in good shape and keep my Sony stock up by buying ridiculous numbers of flat screens.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sh89 said:
Why does everyone label the air force as "wimpy, easy, and too comfortable"? Do they really have it that much easier than the rest of the military? Air Force= Chair force?

Here is a video of a fighter pilot in the Air Force: http://airforce.com/life/seeWhatItsLike.php?active=elhihi (What do think? :) )
"Life in the Air Force is about much more than uniforms and salutes..."

Yeah, it's about having to zip your flight suit all the way up to your neck so as to look as gay as humanly possible. I didn't know that the "Aim High" slogan applied to zippers.

Brett

airboss

Thought this was a good comparison...

Bob Norris is a former Naval aviator who also did a 3 year exchange Tour flying the F-15 Eagle. In response to a letter from an aspiring fighter pilot on which military academy to attend, Bob replied with the following.

12 Feb 04
Young Man,
Congratulations on your selection to both the Naval and Air Force Academies.
Your goal of becoming a fighter pilot is impressive and a fine way to serve your country.

As you requested, I'd be happy to share some insight into which service would be the best choice. Each service has a distinctly different culture. You need to ask yourself "Which one am I more likely to thrive in?"

USAF Snapshot: The USAF is exceptionally well organized and well run. Their training programs are terrific. All pilots are groomed to meet high standards for knowledge and professionalism. Their aircraft are top-notch and extremely well maintained. Their facilities are excellent. Their enlisted personnel are the brightest
and the best trained. The USAF is homogenous and macro. No matter where you go, you'll know what to expect, what is expected of you, and you'll be given the training & tools you need to meet those expectations. You will never be put in a situation over your head. Over a 20-year career, you will be home for most important family events.

Your Mom would want you to be an Air Force pilot...so would your wife. Your Dad would want your sister to marry one.

Navy Snapshot: Aviators are part of the Navy, but so are Black shoes (surface warfare) and bubble heads (submariners). Furthermore, the Navy is split into two distinctly different Fleets (West and East Coast). The Navy is heterogeneous and micro. Your squadron is your home; it may be great, average, or awful. A squadron can go from one extreme to the other before you know it. You will spend months preparing for cruise and months on cruise. The quality of the aircraft varies directly with the availability of parts. Senior Navy enlisted are salt of the earth; you'll be proud if you earn their respect. Junior enlisted vary from terrific to the troubled kid the judge made join the service. You will be given the opportunity to lead these people during your career; you will be humbled and get your hands dirty. The quality of your training will vary and sometimes you will be in over your head.

You will miss many important family events. There will be long stretches of tedious duty aboard ship. You will fly in very bad weather and/or at night and you will be scared many times.

You will fly with legends in the Navy and they will kick your ass until you become a lethal force. And some days - when the scheduling Gods have smiled upon you - your jet will catapult into a glorious morning over a far-away sea and you will be drop-jawed that someone would pay you to do it.

The hottest girl in the bar wants to meet the Naval Aviator.

That bar is in Singapore

Bottom line, son, if you gotta ask...pack warm & good luck in Colorado

Banzai

PS Air Force pilots wear scarves and iron their flight suits.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to start pounding a beer and taking a shot every time that letter is posted.

KBayDog

HueyCobra8151 said:
MTV Cribs yall!!

This is pure motivation:
Basic Officer Training (B.O.T.)

How come we don't get to play volleyball at our OCS?

1. How come we don't do Lightsaber P.T. in the morning?

2. I thought "Project X" was when they taught chimps to fly planes and then gave them lethal doses of radiation? Do these AF trainees know what they are getting into?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm amazed how this thread hasn't degenerated into conversation about condoms yet. Oops....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
lubricated.gif

Koozer

If you decide on the air force go as a pilot. The air force looks on the back seater, bravo types as second class citizens. Pilots run the air force and they get all this new high speed gear that they complain about, i.e the F-22A. Interestingly enough, the airforce can deploy INCONUS, whereas the navy and marines...well you know. Far better for married life, but remember do what you want to do. Personnally, I would rather have a daughter in a whore house than any relative of mine in the air force.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Actually, you are based in the U.S. or somewhere in Europe, and then you a deployed to Saudi Arabia or Iraq or wherever the hell Uncle Sam wants to send you. At least that's how it used to work when my uncle was in.

sh89

Koozer said:
. Personnally, I would rather have a daughter in a whore house than any relative of mine in the air force.

:icon_tong I am sure that the Air Force is not that bad.

Is there an Air Force equivalent to air warriors?

I am been considering the AFrotc unit at UCLA.However, I have talked with an Air Force recruiter, and he said that only 10-25% of those willing get pilot slots. :eek:

sh89

airboss said:
Bob Norris is a former Naval aviator who also did a 3 year exchange Tour flying the F-15 Eagle. In response to a letter from an aspiring fighter pilot on which military academy to attend, Bob replied with the following.

12 Feb 04
Young Man,
Congratulations on your selection to both the Naval and Air Force Academies.
Your goal of becoming a fighter pilot is impressive and a fine way to serve your country.

As you requested, I'd be happy to share some insight into which service would be the best choice. Each service has a distinctly different culture. You need to ask yourself "Which one am I more likely to thrive in?"

USAF Snapshot: The USAF is exceptionally well organized and well run. Their training programs are terrific. All pilots are groomed to meet high standards for knowledge and professionalism. Their aircraft are top-notch and extremely well maintained. Their facilities are excellent. Their enlisted personnel are the brightest
and the best trained. The USAF is homogenous and macro. No matter where you go, you'll know what to expect, what is expected of you, and you'll be given the training & tools you need to meet those expectations. You will never be put in a situation over your head. Over a 20-year career, you will be home for most important family events.

Your Mom would want you to be an Air Force pilot...so would your wife. Your Dad would want your sister to marry one.

Navy Snapshot: Aviators are part of the Navy, but so are Black shoes (surface warfare) and bubble heads (submariners). Furthermore, the Navy is split into two distinctly different Fleets (West and East Coast). The Navy is heterogeneous and micro. Your squadron is your home; it may be great, average, or awful. A squadron can go from one extreme to the other before you know it. You will spend months preparing for cruise and months on cruise. The quality of the aircraft varies directly with the availability of parts. Senior Navy enlisted are salt of the earth; you'll be proud if you earn their respect. Junior enlisted vary from terrific to the troubled kid the judge made join the service. You will be given the opportunity to lead these people during your career; you will be humbled and get your hands dirty. The quality of your training will vary and sometimes you will be in over your head.

You will miss many important family events. There will be long stretches of tedious duty aboard ship. You will fly in very bad weather and/or at night and you will be scared many times.

You will fly with legends in the Navy and they will kick your ass until you become a lethal force. And some days - when the scheduling Gods have smiled upon you - your jet will catapult into a glorious morning over a far-away sea and you will be drop-jawed that someone would pay you to do it.

The hottest girl in the bar wants to meet the Naval Aviator.

That bar is in Singapore

Bottom line, son, if you gotta ask...pack warm & good luck in Colorado

Banzai

PS Air Force pilots wear scarves and iron their flight suits.

In the Air Force, according to Bob Norris, one would have a well trained enlisted personnel, a stable family life, excellent training,great facilities etc.. and should give all of that up for flying off an aircraft carrier and for girls at singapore?

chinese%20girl%20with%20glasses.JPG

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
sh89 said:
According to Bob Norris,in the Airforce, one would have a well trained enlisted personnel, a stable family life, excellent training,great facilities etc.. and should give all of that up for flying off an aircraft carrier and for girls at singapore?

Obviously you've never been to Singapore.

Good luck as you "cross into the blue."