• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Life at OCS Questions

R

russellf54

Is the majority of running while outdoors on concrete? I'm sure there's some fun in the sand but I mean in general.

I work with the PT coordinator and the running is changing. 1.5 mike course....3.2 mile course....4.something mile course blah blah. It's dependent upon your class team. We did Indian runs while screaming for 1.5 miles on a 3 mile run. It was fun and right before candio phase. I set up the carrier run today and thats almost 3... It's not bad. Just come in shape and don't be a disgusting candidate. Some track runs where you sprint/jog/sprint/jog/sprint/jog and so forth Most of your time will be spent wandering why things are done the way they are. But just do it and move forward :)

BUDU

I'm pretty sure we answered the question at hand, but I'm not sure we are saying the same thing. When I ran indoors during the winter we would run for a certain amount of time, at an individual pace. If you ran fast, you did more laps around Nimitz. I never ran much in the gym during winter, though some class teams did.

I went during 3 seasons and had 3 different class teams, as well as doing PT with other class teams during my time in H and I can tell you one thing, nothing much was consistent between class teams. To get more specific than eas7888's original answer is probably leading people wrong.

1.5 miles-ish until 3 weeks-ish and then 3 miles-ish every MWF-ish. Best answer.

I'm just not sure what you mean by sprints being class team specific, unless you're referring to the strength and conditioning days (T/Th). I was saying Wednesdays are not a set distance like the other days because they measure time, not distance.

yakboyslim

None
I'm saying that the frequency of sprints is class team specific. Some do every strength day, others not so much. Some class teams didn't do them much at all.

In my experience ALL runs on run days (MWF) were for distance while outside, and ALL runs were for time while inside. That was just my experience.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
We did indoor PT almost exclusively when I was there last winter. Our typical running was through the halls of Nimitz; run the p-ways, sprint (and pass) in the kill zone. The duration increased as the weeks went on.

R

russellf54

You're a candio and you'r on airwarriors. I guess OCS really isn't what it was.

Is that a question or repeating what I already said?

OTCN shutdown for the holidays so we had two weeks off. I'm actually home for the moment

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Is that a question or repeating what I already said?

OTCN shutdown for the holidays so we had two weeks off. I'm actually home for the moment

oh, damn, OCS gets more time off than I do, I guess thats how it tiers API=frat parties, VT= little christmas fun, RAG=less, and Fleet=what people get leave?
Well have fun with that, I can already hear it when you get back "COMPLACENCY!!! GET ON YOUR FACE!"

R

russellf54

oh, damn, OCS gets more time off than I do, I guess thats how it tiers API=frat parties, VT= little christmas fun, RAG=less, and Fleet=what people get leave?
Well have fun with that, I can already hear it when you get back "COMPLACENCY!!! GET ON YOUR FACE!"

haha yea we were told to enjoy it while it lasts but the moment we get back we better be "locked on" and ready to go! Gotta love OCS

jtmedli

pilot
haha yea we were told to enjoy it while it lasts but the moment we get back we better be "locked on" and ready to go! Gotta love OCS

Just dont be F-ing retarded. Text each other everything and let people know what's going on. Candi-O phase was actually kinda fun in a lot of ways but stupid people will inevitably fuck it up and piss off the DIs. Then it's not so much fun.

R

russellf54

Just dont be F-ing retarded. Text each other everything and let people know what's going on. Candi-O phase was actually kinda fun in a lot of ways but stupid people will inevitably fuck it up and piss off the DIs. Then it's not so much fun.
haha sounds exactly like what my senior chief said before we left.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Maybe you shouldn't be posting on AW during Libbo or Leave while under the care of OTCN. Just a thought...