• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LAST TANGO: The DEBATE -- Round 3

THE DEBATE: Round 3. Who won?

• Sen McCain

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sen Obama

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I am too drunk from playing the "My Friends" drinking game to know

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I am too drunk from playing the "Look" drinking game to know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck it - I've had it. Not gonna watch. I'd rather have some Pu-Pu's and a pitcher of Navy Grog.

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I think it will be an interesting 3 weeks..... Tony Rezko under indictment... ACORN under investigation in 14 states..... Farrakhan calls O the Messiah.....

There's 20 days to go.

...The young people will listen... :D

To what? "uhhhh...uuuuhhhhh....eeeh....look..."

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I did leave out one Obama zing - one that was a bit more effective because of the response it elicited from McCain: "Zero."

BullGator

I think it was McCain's best debate at times. He seemed to get progressively more angry, though, and I don't know that that will serve him well with undecideds.

I think nothing will be different tomorrow than it was yesterday, and that is bad news for McCain.
I like and will vote for McCain, but have come to peace that Obama will be our next president, most likely. I hope he treats our military and its personnel right. I hope that an entirely democratic executive and legislative run government doesn't ruin our great country. It is too bad that many people don't vote on substance and what's best for the U.S., but rather on how they feel.

That said, I think McCain won this last-debate, but not by enough to change the inevitable of losing by a slight margin next month.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I like and will vote for McCain, but have come to peace that Obama will be our next president, most likely. I hope he treats our military and its personnel right. I hope that an entirely democratic executive and legislative run government doesn't ruin our great country. It is too bad that many people don't vote on substance and what's best for the U.S., but rather on how they feel.

That said, I think McCain won this last-debate, but not by enough to change the inevitable of losing by a slight margin next month.

It ain't over until it's over.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.

Me too! Just substitute "will be" with "past 8 years" and "democrats" with "republicans".

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

Do you think anyone who votes for Obama is voting based on how they feel, rather than what they think it best policy-wise?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Time for me to go restock my kool-aid.

Oh and if people genuinely the majority of voters step into the booth informed about policies, I've got some kool-aid for you too.

MasterBates

I missed the first 30 minutes, but thought Senator McCain did well for the last hour.

Even CNN and MSNBC's analysts were calling it a draw when I saw them talk about it.

BullGator

Do you think anyone who votes for Obama is voting based on how they feel, rather than what they think it best policy-wise?
I think that many people vote for different types of wrong reasons, and that goes both ways: I've talked to religious people who are essentially poor and would financially do better by voting in a Dem actually vote republican because Bush doesn't like gay-marriage or abortions. And people who vote Dem because they are pro-choice, even though they are essentially along the republican lines on every other issue. In my original comment, I was mostly referring to Obama supporters who only like him because they hate Bush, neglecting to realize that the democrats have done no better while controlling congress. They also don't look at his record, but instead hang on every word that the press seems to love to highlight and emphasize. Some people who are voting for Obama are doing so because they are afraid of Palin, or mad that he chose her (I think that is ridiculous, since I see McCain as healthy and Biden as a far worse choice).

These have been hard times since 9-11, and any president would have been looked down upon while negotiating our country's future. I don't think that Obama will be our savior, but I do think he is better than Kerry was (I voted for Kerry), and that McCain is far better than Bush (and Obama).

We will have to wait and see, as these elections are always very close, but I am under the impression that people are eating up what Obama is saying and he will be our Commander in Chief. Of those Obama supporters, many don't look toward the future; they just want to get away from the past. We shall have to see what changes our likely-democratic leaders do for our nation’s future. -I still want McCain to win, but as I said I am at peace either way: I really think Obama will surprise me... I hope.

I don't know, at least this jargon makes sense to me. :)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Joe the plumber...

I'm less than sober becaues of Joe...

Better debate, but we lost, folks, "my friends".

We lost this in 2004.

vulcanx

Banned
I liked the VP question: is your #2 ready to lead if you get taken out?

Sarah Palin killed my vote for McCain.

BullGator

I liked the VP question: is your #2 ready to lead if you get taken out?

Sarah Palin killed my vote for McCain.
I know you aren't the only one to think this, but is Biden any better? Since Obama smokes, I consider him "just as" risky as McCain when concerned with health.

I guess the good thing is that Palin solidified some of the unmotivated republicans, but many republicans definitely feel the same way as you do. Maybe it evens out...? I don't know. I do think that both candidates could have picked better VPs (Mit and Hillary, IMO).