• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LAST TANGO: The DEBATE -- Round 3

THE DEBATE: Round 3. Who won?

• Sen McCain

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sen Obama

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I am too drunk from playing the "My Friends" drinking game to know

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I am too drunk from playing the "Look" drinking game to know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck it - I've had it. Not gonna watch. I'd rather have some Pu-Pu's and a pitcher of Navy Grog.

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kycntryboy

pilot
Kuddo's to whoever had Joe "Six Pack" Plummer in their drinking game....you are hammered. My guess, every news organization is going to try to find this guy, and interview him...Believe it. (Believe it a registered trademark of A4sforever)

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I think I just heard a ZING. "Senator Obama I'm not President Bush, if you wanted to run against him you should have run 4 years ago."

How is that a zing? Fortunately, Obama is running *now* and is going to win. McCain ran 8 years ago and lost. :sleep_125

You suck cock just like Magnum smokes that cigar on your avatar.

Take note, Lazers, THAT is a zing...Or, as we call it on the Interwebs, OWNAGE.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
How is that a zing? Fortunately, Obama is running *now* and is going to win. McCain ran 8 years ago and lost. :sleep_125

Take note, Lazers, THAT is a zing...Or, as we call it on the Interwebs, OWNAGE.

Well too bad the debate isn't on the internet. That's a ZING if you look at all 3 boring debates.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Hey, at least we didn't have to hear 'Maverick' ten thousand times.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yeah for elevated, civil discourse!

First impressions: Sen. McCain is obviously fired up and agitated, which contrasts with Sen. Obama's calm exterior and mannerisms. Zing of the night goes to McCain for saying "I'm not President Bush." No obvious zings from Obama. The blinks were distracting, but that's about it. You could sense that McCain was holding back on a few points. Obama had more concrete figures than McCain, who at times seemed to be dodging specific questions with generalities. Speaking of dodging, both candidates dodged Schieffer's question of "how can you possibly afford to pay for all of these programs and/or tax cuts you're talking about in light of the bailout?" which severely needs to be addressed on both sides of the aisle.

In the end, tie or slight lean to McCain. No meltdowns, no real gaffes (except maybe "Obama voted against Justice Breyer") and not a game-changer, which is what McCain needs at this point in the race.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Senator McCain just doesn't get it...
"It" is defined as "how to campaign." He wins elections because, fundamentally, he is an American hero by any measure. But unfortunately, even though he is one of the few Congressmen I would not vote against if I were in their district, he can't seem to campaign for President very well.

Here's hint #1:
If you have to explain why an issue is important to the American people, it isn't going to win you a single vote. It doesn't matter what factually is important to the American people, but what they perceive to be the most important issue to them.

Senator McCain did not go broken record on how Senator Obama's economic plan will potentially worsen the economy significantly, and therefore I think he has lost this election. This is just my prediction. Only disaster can change the outcome now, I suspect.

snake020

Contributor
I decided rather than watching a rerun I'd watch and cheer the elimination of the El-Gay Dodgers tonight.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I think it was McCain's best debate at times. He seemed to get progressively more angry, though, and I don't know that that will serve him well with undecideds.

I think nothing will be different tomorrow than it was yesterday, and that is bad news for McCain.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I think it will be an interesting 3 weeks..... Tony Rezko under indictment... ACORN under investigation in 14 states..... Farrakhan calls O the Messiah.....

There's 20 days to go.