• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kimber Vs. Springfield. or other?

If you insist on a 1911, the Springfield TRP Operator is the result of the "user's input".

If youre wealthy: send it to Larry Vickers.

A 1911 needs love, alot of it. From an armorer.

I have a Kimber, its beautiful. Its not for social work.

If you're buying a Kimber, call Kimber ask for Chris Corino and let him know your Mil/Ret Mil.

Mags are crucial. You need Chip McCormick or Larry Vickers.....

MasterBates

A 1911 needs love, alot of it. From an armorer.

Not entirely true, but it is so with most of the production pistols.

A 1911 that is made to JMB's original specs will be rock solid reliable. It had loose tolerances for a reason. The breach face is not 90 for a reason, there is supposed to be some slop in the barrel bushing, the extractor was spec'd for a certain spring steel, etc..

John Browning was no dummy.

You know what youre talking about.

The TRP is very very close to those specs, the differences are the result of CAG's 20 years of use.

Larry Vickers is the only tuner I know who does the gun right for fighting. And no surprise, he'd been a "user" for a decade. When he first started doing work Ide refer guys to him, trying to convince them he was the right guy. Thankfully he's now outed himself as a D Boy, but now he's SWAMPED with fan guns.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just got the XD-40 subcompact. ....

UPDATE: just dumped the XD-9 subcompact for an H&K P2000SK .40 cal. Unfortunately it comes with the LEM trigger, but I've got a couple of springs coming from H&K to do the 8.5 to 5.5lb conversion. Even an airline pilot can do it.

Sooooooooo ... The XD9 sub??? The one I said was my constant companion?? Well, what's she done for me lately, anyway???? How quickly we forget .... yes??? :)

P2000SK ..... Mo' Bettah ....

p2ksub40mr3.jpg

Lawman

None
HK seems to be the choice of FFDO's.

There the choice of anybody with refinement and taste..... still trying to figure out why I keep buying them.

Ohh and as promised, a picture of the AR now that its "Finished." :D

Attachments

• H&K.jpg
    H&K.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 39
  • AR and USP.jpg
    AR and USP.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 71
I like your carbine.
Is that VLTOR on the back end?

Stand alone ironsights (that says alot about you)

Aimpoint with an ARMS spacer? I see a RediMag too right?

And I think thats a KAC Vert grip. What kind of light you runnin?

Lawman

None
VLTOR Mount and a Surefire G2 for the weapon light.

GG&G Battle Grip

ARMS Flip up rear sights and Aimpoint Mount

Aimpoint Comp 2 (4 moa)

Surefire QuadRail (shorty)

The stock piece is actually a bolt on to the standard M4 Collapsible and having used both my CAA bolt on (30 bucks) and the 200 dollar full built stocks it honestly is money well saved. Very solidly built molded plastic that fits snug, about the only way it could get hung up you'd really have to be trying.

Also put an Ambi fire selector, since Im one of those wierd left handed people that gun manufacturers just realized exist.

Are you by chance right eye dominant? Just curious, it seems common for lefties.

The G2 is good bang for the buck.

I use a scout on my helmet, a Pentagon IR Flood up there as well,

Turbo head 12V on my short gun, I use P pads instead of push button.

My secondary light was a Gladius but it broke three times from getting shot by SIM in the killhouse so I dumped it for another Surefire, cant recall its nomenclature.

I use Aimpoint and EOTech dependant on which upper Im using.

I like the LMT fixed rear, I never put the irons down so I just go with the fixed.

For rails Ive been using LaRue for a couple years. Unless I need lasers I go with regular guard rails with a fabricated mount for my light.

Lawman

None
I didnt really want a Quad, but I couldnt find anything in the way of bolt on/drill on mounts that I liked enough to choose over them either due to cost or lack of quality.

Im totally left. Really eye dominance has in my opinion much more importance to shooting style then actual hand dominance. I do everything else right handed except write and shoot so its totally trainable as far as hands go. Im ambi for the most part when it comes to pistols, but for that reach out and touch you shooting I much prefer to use my left eye.

theduke

For the price of a good 22 conversion, you can almost cover a nice new P-22.

or a pretty decent stack of .45 acp...

.22LR pistols are fun to shoot--I had a High Standard Duramatic that was a blast (it could put 10 rounds into a head-sized target at 25 yards in about 10 seconds)

but practicing with your 1911 shooting .22LR is not the same thing as practicing with your 1911 shooting .45s, at least not in terms of beingtactically proficient with it.

if you just want to be paper-proficient with .22s, you don't want a 1911, anyway. You want a High Standard, or a SIG Trailside, or a Ruger Mark, etc.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. One of the biggest reasons that people have problems putting rounds on target is because they anticipate the recoil and with .45 it can be significant. By getting the fundementals down with a "no" recoil round like a .22 you can really make huge improvements when you step up to the larger calibers. When you look at alot of the USPSA guys they shoot alot of .22 or do dry fire drills. I will agree that that its not the same as shooting .45, but I think that you can't discount the benefits of shooting .22 to improve your overall proficiency.

theduke

one of the best things i ever did for my pistol shooting was to practice with snap-caps loaded by a buddy into my magazines. have him sneak one or two into each mag--you'll never know when it's just gonna go "click".