• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 08 Selection

GJC NAVY

Thought I would join in on all this stat posting...hey it helped me before I applied.

Applied for 1) Intel 2) SWO

-ASTB: 6/6/5 58
-Bachelor of Science, Political Science: Santa Clara University -3.1 GPA
-Good High on PRT
-6 LOR's: Krav Maga Instructor, 2 O-5 (intel & crypto), close family friend (Naval Aviator), Professor (policy advisor to state department), employer (attorney - i'm the only employee).
-Interview with O-6 senior intel officer at NPS
-learning Arabic

Wishing yet another good luck to everyone who applied for June boards.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
great, now I'll be looking at my phone every five minutes, i looked around and couldn't find an answer(or looked for the wrong thing) but how soon can you reapply, i saw that someone reapplied the next month or so and got selected, but my OR told me 6 months is when i can apply again, any clarification would be great

srqwho

pilot
I was just corrected on this on another thread, but I think you can reapply for what you were a non-select for on the following month's boards as long as you improve your application package... and there are certain things that count as an improvement... like interviews, a better ASTB score, better GPA (somehow). LORs I've heard don't count. That's the info I got. Ask some of the guys from the May boards. I think a couple of them were non-select for a job in April and reapplied in May. I've heard the 6 month wait is if you reapply with the same exact application package. But let's not think negative...

FDX

It's mind games!
great, now I'll be looking at my phone every five minutes, i looked around and couldn't find an answer(or looked for the wrong thing) but how soon can you reapply, i saw that someone reapplied the next month or so and got selected, but my OR told me 6 months is when i can apply again, any clarification would be great

There has to be "significant" improvement. This includes a sizable improvement on the ASTB, an increase in GPA, a graduate degree etc. in order to apply back to back. Lor's, PRT and flight hours don't count. If you can't improve in those areas then you will have to wait 6 months to apply again for the same program. Hope this helps.

GJC NAVY

Thanks goob...looking forward to a call. Preferably one with good news. When do the Intel board results usually get back in relation to the SWO board?

Goob83

None
Thanks goob...looking forward to a call. Preferably one with good news. When do the Intel board results usually get back in relation to the SWO board?
That is a big Guess usually toward the end of the month. I am going golfing 15:30 you are welcome to come if you wish

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
well i'm hoping for good news but just in case i want to know what my options were. Really the only thing i could do is improve my astb scores, and/or do the interview(which i have not heard of before, but if i can do one I'll do that as well). If i get selected this month there will be some serious celebrations going on tomorrow night:D

GJC NAVY

That is a big Guess usually toward the end of the month. I am going golfing 15:30 you are welcome to come if you wish

Would love to sir, if I wasn't all tied up at work. Thank you for the offer though. I really need to get my game back in order. The only thing saving me right now is my short game. All that rust has taken a bit of a toll on the long game and right now I'm exploring more of the golf course than I should be. I just need to pound a few hundred golf balls. I am definitely up to play sometime though, sir.

Goob83

None
Would love to sir, if I wasn't all tied up at work. Thank you for the offer though. I really need to get my game back in order. The only thing saving me right now is my short game. All that rust has taken a bit of a toll on the long game and right now I'm exploring more of the golf course than I should be. I just need to pound a few hundred golf balls. I am definitely up to play sometime though, sir.
with your skill you will still play better than me. Seems you may be the first to be notified of the results if you stay on here long enough. soon as they pop up I am out of here. If they do not come up before 1530 you will have to wait till tonight. I have my priorities you know

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
would an interview (not an LOR) + significant improvement in PRT suffice? i go up for the board in august..but i will be completely done with school and i have one re-do of the astb if i need to, but i would want to use that as last resort as my previous score was good.

GJC NAVY

Understandable sir. I will just be refreshing the page here at work. If I don't hear back from you today, good luck on the links, sir.

Goob83

None
would an interview (not an LOR) + significant improvement in PRT suffice? i go up for the board in august..but i will be completely done with school and i have one re-do of the astb if i need to, but i would want to use that as last resort as my previous score was good.
Typically NO it will not count but you can always try if your recruiter will let you.