• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 08 Selection

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I want to know but don't want to bug my recruiter anymore than I already have these last few weeks. I'll call him tomorrow since I won't care to bug him anymore at that point.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
He would have called you if results were posted. Looking like it's about time to start looking forward to tomorrow. Good luck ladies and gents.

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
so 8 out of the 52 up are here in this thread. Hopefully we all get selected. I cant take it anymore... I wish I knew now. I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow too and probably wont hear for most of the day.

Bleh

dimlight85

8 of 52 is steep...I don't know what I would do anymore if I didn't have forums to educate me on how to do almost anything. I can fix Hondas and Nissans now because of them as well as brew my own delicious beer!

We salute you mister forum software inventor guy!!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
haha remember in april..?!? some of these guys saying "just take it easy....theres nothing you can do about the wait so just go out and have fun...that's what i would do. quit stressin" :)

dimlight85

I'm gonna go lose $20 in Texas Hold 'em in about an hour so that's what I'm doing to suffer through the wait...and drink.

dblair

First chance I have had to post in a while:

Going for:
SWO

Stats:
Currently a Software Engineer in Boston.
BS - Computer Information Technology ( CS ) ( 3 areas of emphasis )
GPA - 2.6
Worked full-time while in college, played sports, and was in a fraternity!
Rugby - 2.5 yrs ( still play )
Ice Hockey - 7 years while growing up
ASTB - 6/6/6/53
CO - NJROTC ( captained most teams; drill, rifle, academic, etc )

LORs:
SWO CDR(Ret)
Marine CPT(Ret)
ETCS(SEAL)(Ret)
Two college professors
One Previous Employer

Good Luck Everyone!!

dimlight85

Just got an e-mail from my OR and he says that even though the boards have met they still have to get the results approved and that they probably won't be out until Friday at the earliest. Someone let me know if they hear anything different.

srqwho

pilot
Thanks for the update. A few weeks ago the secretary told me that they aren't around the office much on Fridays, so it looks like Monday or Tuesday for me. When I talked to my OR yesterday that was the same message he gave me about the results... early next week. Sit tight guys and gals.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
haven't talked to my OR but he told me before the boards that it probably wouldn't come back until the 20th, so friday.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
that sucks..when you guys get the word, let us know how many were selected out of the ~50.

on that note, how many were selected in april and may and how many were up for it?

srqwho

pilot
So I am freaking out a little over a MORON mistake I just noticed on my application. I can't believe I did this but in my rush to get my app submitted I did not swap out my revised (sub 400 word) motivational statement. I am a little over, and I know that the people on the boards don't count, but anybody eve heard of a mistake like mine ending up being the reason for a non-select? I called my recruiter and the secretary said it wasn't a big deal. There aren't any grammatical mistakes or mispellings that I can find. Here is the non-revised version that hopefully didn't sink my ship at the boards:

"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die." - Dwight D. Eisenhower.

By the grace of God I was born into this great country, The United States of America, with freedoms, liberties, and rights most of the world will never know. Great sacrifices of brave men and women have allowed me to experience these freedoms, and it is by their service that America continues to stand for what is good about humanity. It is their acts of selflessness and honor that inspire me to apply for a commission in The United States Navy. My education and experiences have prepared me to offer my service, and potentially even my life, for the freedom and ideals of our country. I am driven by the desire to defend our traditions and our rights; and to do my part to promote these inalienable rights in other nations as well. I have been blessed with the values, passions, and heart that will allow me to be a leader as a Naval Officer, whatever and wherever circumstance.

Throughout my youth, and even today, many of my life experiences all share a common theme: leadership. Whether it be as a team captain, Senior Patrol Leader, Club Founder, or young adult leader at church, these experiences have instilled in me a skillset and mindset that is absolutely necessary of any successful leader. Having served as a leader in a plethora of different environments, it has become very apparent that there is one predominant attribute of any successful group: teammwork. My services in leadership roles have ALL culminated with goals met, not to mention the formation of lasting relationships.

Not only have my past experiences fostered in me skills and knowledge that I will utilize as a Naval Officer, but my education also lends itself well to a successful commission. Both my undergraduate and graduate degrees are in Geography, which can be described as more of an approach than a specific area of study. These degree programs have illustrated to me that a holistic, integrative approach to problem solving is extremely effective. My experiences utilizing this type of approach have confirmed that having a sound awareness of all variables associated with a dilema is ideal.

My passion for flight is something that simply cannot be put into words. While this passion is not unlike other candidates in this respect, I know without a shadow of a doubt that even the opportunity to join the ranks of the world's most elite aviators provides motivation enough for me to press on through whatever challenges commissioning and flight school demand. While a commission in and of itself is an indescribeable honor, my feeling is that serving as an aviator is the most relevant career path to my own personal background and experiences.

I sincerely appreciate the time taken to review my application to become a Naval Officer, and I feel it is a privilege that I am even granted the opportunity to apply to Officer Candidate School. I sincerely hope that my file is at the very least satisfactory enough for my selection for commission. I personally am very humbled by your consideration and wholeheartidly thank you for your service to our country.

dimlight85

Wow...that's a lot of stuff. I think my statement reached about 200 words. I'm pretty confident that it was very to the point. Hope I don't find out the hard way that 400 words or less means 400 words 'no' less.

Jayhawk85

Applied for SWO, SNA, NFO

6/7/7/52
3.6 GPA, BA in history.
Good High on PRT
6 LOR's from high school coach, retired USAF colonel (aviator), college professor, and employers.
Active in fraternity, held 3 positions 3 different years.

Crossing fingers/praying hard