• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

USN1855

Pro Rec SWO

22/female/non-prior
3.6 BS in Forensic Biology San Jose State University '11
OAR 54
5 LOR's from former employers from department of energy and white house: Marine O-6 and E-8, USN E-6, air force E-8, and a coast guard E-6.

Totally amazed!!!
Executive board member of national criminal justice honor society.

agp3

agp3,
I'm in NRD New Orleans and I got my prorec. PM me if you need help with something. Hoping for ya buddy!
Thanks for the support lev! yea, I'm just hoping the delay is due to my OR being in Baton Rouge as opposed to New Orleans, but damn! I'm starting to feel tad bit anxious over the wait.

sunowl

SNFO
Whhhooooaa. So packages can't be submitted in January for SNA, SNFO and/or SWO?

While I'm glad to see so many pro-recs among us this board, I had a friend who was thinking of putting in a package for Jan and I know many more of you who missed this July board were counting on Jan...it's rough but get your package together and just hurry up and wait for the next board, be ready and you never know when one might pop up! Best of luck

BDfan88

While I'm glad to see so many pro-recs among us this board, I had a friend who was thinking of putting in a package for Jan and I know many more of you who missed this July board were counting on Jan...it's rough but get your package together and just hurry up and wait for the next board, be ready and you never know when one might pop up! Best of luck
Usually, how long of a notice do you get when a new board is going to occur?

SWOSUPPLY2012

Here is some data, and because I left NRC right before the list came out I do not have it, but my contacts will tell me yes or no on a name, but that could take a few days.

Pilot 152 applied, 97 selected
NFO 124 applied, 42 selected
SWO 268 applied, 137 selected

the reason for the high selections is they have been having a large number of people saying "no thanks" so that and the fact they decided to cancel the Jan board led them to higher selections, now some could get pushed to FY14, but that just depends, way to early to say what the chances are.

Is this results just based on July '12 Board? or is it for the boards combine in 2012?

exNavyOffRec

Hmm. I just finished an email chat with my recruiter a couple hours ago and he sent me all the paperwork to begin my OCS package. Either he didn't tell me the boards were canceled or he hasn't heard yet.

It was sent out via an email to the NRD chain of command, like all things some may just not get it, or some will hope it will be brought back, but the email that was read to me said all boards for active duty 1st quarter FY13 are cancelled, no Pilot/NFO/SWO board, it may just be pushed to Feb, either way more info will come out later, I would have sent you the stuff to work on as well, especially if it is just pushed to Feb.

sunowl

SNFO
Usually, how long of a notice do you get when a new board is going to occur?

AFAIK you just put a package together and your OR will have it submitted to the next board that comes up. I assume you OR would tell you if there was a board coming up, but if not, just check AW obsessively..

exNavyOffRec

AFAIK you just put a package together and your OR will have it submitted to the next board that comes up. I assume you OR would tell you if there was a board coming up, but if not, just check AW obsessively..

Ideally it would be submitted right about 1 Nov. that way even if the board is pushed to April it is in the 6 month window, and it is before the holidays, because essentially everything comes to a near halt at CNRC from Thanksgiving to after new years.

D

Deleted member 31917

Pro Rec'd for SWO! Only designator I applied for. Had to receive the news through email though. Here are my stats again (I left some info out accidentally the first time I posted).

25/M/Non-prior
B.S. Civil Engineering from University of California, Davis
GPA: 3.52
Working on my Master's in Civil Engineering at De La Salle University, Manila
GPA: 3.81
OAR: 65
Passed the FE/EIT exam

Congrats to everyone that got selected!

RollPride

Hey everyone,

I have been scouring through the site forever and all the information it has to offer has been terrific. I'm going to be a senior in college this fall and was planning on applying through the January 2013 board. I have seen that it might be cancelled? Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is cancelled, would that mean waiting until next July? Thanks!