• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Hey everyone,

I have been scouring through the site forever and all the information it has to offer has been terrific. I'm going to be a senior in college this fall and was planning on applying through the January 2013 board. I have seen that it might be cancelled? Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is cancelled, would that mean waiting until next July? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you...graduating after this semester and was going to submit for SNA/NFO/SWO in January. NavyOffRec said that the boards are indeed canceled, but we won't know how long the wait is. For all we know, the next boards could open up Feb. 2013.

exNavyOffRec

I'm in the same boat as you...graduating after this semester and was going to submit for SNA/NFO/SWO in January. NavyOffRec said that the boards are indeed canceled, but we won't know how long the wait is. For all we know, the next boards could open up Feb. 2013.

Delayed would be more appropriate, but my thoughts on why are that they would know by then how many from this last board are actually qualified to go to OCS and if there are any goal adjustments they can be factored in.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Delayed would be more appropriate, but my thoughts on why are that they would know by then how many from this last board are actually qualified to go to OCS and if there are any goal adjustments they can be factored in.

Hmm...does that mean that the board following January would most likely have even smaller goals for those three rates? Or is it anyone's guess? If it was purely a matter of runoff, I'd imagine most/all the SWOs/NFOs would probably make it and there'd be a small- to medium- amount of pilot slots left, but I, like Jon Snow, know nothing.

EDIT: I just realized that my constant worrying about OCS space is the equivalent of a kid in the backseat continually bellowing "Are we there yet?" while his parents clench their jaws.

RollPride

Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully if it is just delayed it will be sooner rather than later

steelefx4

After checking CANTRAC for OCS it doesn't appear that it's updated...the September 9th class and all the classes after that are wide open...so no luck there as far as class dates...that's going to have to be a phone call to see when slots are actually open...being AD, I'm fully qualled, both physically and clearance wise...so I'm looking to go ASAP!!!

exNavyOffRec

Hmm...does that mean that the board following January would most likely have even smaller goals for those three rates? Or is it anyone's guess? If it was purely a matter of runoff, I'd imagine most/all the SWOs/NFOs would probably make it and there'd be a small- to medium- amount of pilot slots left, but I, like Jon Snow, know nothing.

EDIT: I just realized that my constant worrying about OCS space is the equivalent of a kid in the backseat continually bellowing "Are we there yet?" while his parents clench their jaws.

Too many variables, if you look at the number selected and nearly all say they want the spot and are PQ then there will be way too many people for billets, but only time will tell.

steelefx4

still waiting for BUPERS to update...need that to get the ball rolling...although my command is ready for me to depart ASAP, which is excellent!

zachkeating

Pro-Rec SNFO July '12
Mine too, I really want to see something in black and white before I get too excited ... you know how it is.

exNavyOffRec

After checking CANTRAC for OCS it doesn't appear that it's updated...the September 9th class and all the classes after that are wide open...so no luck there as far as class dates...that's going to have to be a phone call to see when slots are actually open...being AD, I'm fully qualled, both physically and clearance wise...so I'm looking to go ASAP!!!

The OCS roster is maintained on an excel spreadsheet, eventually it is inputed into the system, right now people are getting OCS dates out in November, a few a bit earlier, but in general the people selected in April will get OCS dates before the people in the July board, so I would guess since AD guys are already PQ you would be safe estimating an OCS date in Jan/Feb.

I just got word of my Pro Rec today for SWO! I am very excited along with the rest of you but at the same time I am active duty and nothing is loaded on BOL as the rest of you in my situation know. I dont want to get my hopes up but lets honestly face it, what are the chances of the list the NR's go by actually being wrong. I want that in black and white though!

zachkeating

Pro-Rec SNFO July '12
I just got word of my Pro Rec today for SWO! I am very excited along with the rest of you but at the same time I am active duty and nothing is loaded on BOL as the rest of you in my situation know. I dont want to get my hopes up but lets honestly face it, what are the chances of the list the NR's go by actually being wrong. I want that in black and white though!

We're all the the same boat brother (no pun intended) hope to God that damn site loads tomorrow so I can stop being so damn anxious