• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Do you mean your civilian eye doc was unable to correct your eyes? how close did they get?

I have a post in PRK about the ordeal. My left eye is correctable but my right eye only gets to like 20/25, on a good day. Both are normally 20/30.

I guess my physical at MEPS will lay the uncertainty to rest. Already got the okay from my ophthalmologist to get PRK with full correction though. I am anxious to see how everything turns out.

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
When should we start hearing from our recruiters? is Next Monday actually accurate (citing comment above this)?

The above comment was just talking about the board convening on the 23rd. It will be at least a few weeks after that till we start to hear back about pro recs.

drevo454

NPQ'ed due to vision.

Don't let it get you down...everything has a way of working out one way or another. Worse comes to worse it may come down to waiting a little while longer and a little extra effort to get what you want but it will be worth it.

app302

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
NPQ'ed due to vision.
Really sorry to hear man. Do you have the option of getting PRK(sorry if discussed else ware)? When I was down in Pcola here was a guy who had gotten NPQ'ed 2 years earlier because of vision, got PRK, and despite being nervous passed the SNA flight physical with flying colors.

I'm not trying to make a joke of your situation, but it's still possible!

Jay.jpg

I hope you all have seen this...?

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Thanks for all the positive words and encouragement. I really appreciate hearing it after the bad news.

I do not think PRK will fix my vision since my eyes are non-correctable with lenses. I have a post in the PRK here (http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/prk-enlightenment.39113/) about the whole problem.
I havn't given up yet though, and I will still do a pre-op PRK exam with my ophthalmologist and see for sure what the problem is. Just waiting for my Recruiter and the Processing Lead to give me more info on the process and what I need to do.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone!

I may have missed it in other threads, but was there any rumors of how many Pilots will be picked up this round? My recruiter said the Navy has really opened the door for aviation. But, I remember seeing that selection was supposed to be slim for FY2013 (which begins in October, I think?) Any word on prospective class dates?

My life is so hectic right now that this actually kind of snuck up on me. I've been counting down the days, but it hasn't felt real until now. I'm nervous, anxious, and freakin pumped at the same time!