• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I do kind of a variety during my daily runs. I usually start with a quick two mile, followed by 3 or 4 slower miles then a mile cool down. on a long day I usually just stretch run a quick mile and then lope along for 6 or 7 miles until I get tired. Curls, pullups and dips for the upper body

steelefx4

I'm getting ready to do a Co-Lo PCS with my wife in Dec...luckily staying in San Diego...but I'm also rolling out on deployment in a couple weeks until then...results need to come out quickly!!!

Lots of proclivities in my life are waiting on them...

I you all are looking to make quick and defined gains over short distance running (under 5k)...check out the "murderous Mile"...I went from a 1030ish 1.5 miler to nearly breaking the illusive 9 minutes in about a month...

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Another day of PT and hitting F5 on AW waiting for someone to say their recruiter called them with the results. I am getting pretty good at this.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I am hoping it is today, I am tired of waiting as well. It does not seem like it should take this long to yes/no a person.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Alright I posted earlier and deleted it but now I have to:

I got a pro-rec in February and still don't have an OCS date, might even have to reapply in January. Waiting is just part of the game.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
Congratulations on your pro-rec. you got yours we have not so if I want to post every 30 seconds on the injustice of the system and having to wait.....I will. I did my tours of the waiting game and it's not anything new, complaining about the system is used to pass the time until something else comes along to complain about.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I hope no offense was taken. That was my lighthearted way of saying that waiting for a final select is just going to suck even more and the pro-rec does not necessarily guarantee anything, just the first big hurdle.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I wouldnt take offense even if it was meant offensively. Your situation certainly warrants some irritation at the system. I dont plan on leaving right away which is good, I will be finished with my MBA within a year and would like to knock out as much as possible before OCS. This is not nearly as bad as Active duty advancement results though. I recall both E-4 and E-5 results absolutely no work was accomplished the day results came out. I had to wait on both of mine because I maxed out the exam and for whatever reason they didnt release my name to the command until weeks later. So in short I feel your pain at the long wait but just think you sir are going to be a commisioned officer, how awesome is it to be able to say that.

steelefx4

Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes to get results out?

I was told when I submitted my package that I should be checking Bupers around mid-Aug...obviously a little different cause I am Active Duty, but assuming the results should all be out at the same time, just a different way of hearing about them...

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I gather active takes longer due to finding out through command or Bupers rather than a pass down from the OR. My guy told me this week, today if were lucky. He didnt make it sound like we should be waiting longer than this week though.

steelefx4

well, if that's the case, might be worth a phone call to Millington tomorrow then...found out yesterday that I didn't make Chief (pretty junior right now compared to everyone), so hoping I get picked up...

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I am sure as soon as it breaks it was be all over this site. I know Ill post one way or another and then you will at least know they are out. Were your stats pretty solid. I felt great aside from ASTB. My gpa ,awards, evals and everything were good to go but I was lower on the astb than i would have liked and didnt have time to retest. 3.94GPA, 5,6,6 and 53 on the ASTB. but my LOR's and everything else were solid.

steelefx4

Here are my stats:

28/M/ prior service (currently active duty)
SNA/NFO/Intel
B.A. Intelligence Studies, AMU (Graduated May 15 - that's why I'm applying so late...multiple combat deployments takes a toll on getting your degree)
GPA: college: 3.815, highschool: 3.78
ASTB: 7/7/6 57
Active Duty IS1(EXW/SW/AW) have my MTS as well, almost 10 yrs service, currently with SEAL Team FIVE, currently the LPO of the N2 department.
All 10's from my CO, O5, and all three of my appraisals are all 10's as well (CO, O5, of SEAL Team ONE, O4 intel, O3 F18 pilot). Served in an O4 capacity for the last two deployments, hoping that helps me out in the leadership department.