• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

Lobster

^
Thanks Tyler

Just spoke with my recruiter on the phone he told me the numbers for pilot were 12 or 13 BDCP applicants and 36 total applicants for pilot (He said he couldn't remember if it was 12 or 13 haha). Anyone know how many slots they have a month? I'm sure it varies but a general idea?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
ok, tyler when you posted on the " July selection released" thread or whichever forgot the title and it was on the home page I thought it was for this year. Got my heart rate up a little bit. well, anyway Lasted I talked to my OR he just said to expect result at the earliest on monday the 21st. He hasn't given me any information regarding how many others were up for the board or the situation on the navy's current needs, or that was even the end of navy fiscal year. Just a lil more time to pass. Took my form 5 check ride for the civil air patrol yesterday for transport mission pilot. I guess sort of exciting flight suit and ability for missions under gov. funding, but only a monetary fix. I first joined because it seemed fun and and figured might look good on an application. As for fun, I have been a member for almost a year and yesterday was the first time I actually got in a CAP aircraft. As for application, my OR was just like you might need a release form it, I imagine it still has a little credibility. Anyways just more blabber thinking about something other than the selection.
finger still crossed and prayers headed skyward.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
ok, tyler when you posted on the " July selection released" thread or whichever forgot the title and it was on the home page I thought it was for this year. Got my heart rate up a little bit.

Don't blame me for that resurrection :). I just tried to get them to merge it to this thread when MASON17 posted in the old thread, because I thought the same thing. However, it looks like he has heard about this month's board. Results may be out.

Lobster

k so results are out and me recruiter told me yesterday he wouldn't know anything until next week WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT :confused:

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
k so results are out and me recruiter told me yesterday he wouldn't know anything until next week WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT :confused:

I had to wait my first time around too. Many of us did. Follow suit - grab a beer, go play some golf, workout, hookers, blow - whatever you can do to take your mind off of it. :D

BTW - good luck.

Lobster

I had to wait my first time around too. Many of us did. Follow suit - grab a beer, go play some golf, workout, hookers, blow - whatever you can do to take your mind off of it. :D

BTW - good luck.

Ugh, roger that haha, beer and hookers sounds good...:D

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Combo!

Follow suit - grab a beer, go play some golf, workout, hookers, blow - whatever you can do to take your mind off of it. :D

What about combining them?!? I mean, golf and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly, but adding in hookers and blow? Plus a workout- my suggestion would be to bench press the fat hooker while the other ones do lines off your nine iron

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
BDCP here, so I still have easier access to chase sorostitutes around campus than shelling 5 bucks for a fat hooker. Either one good to bring golfing because they can find your balls and clean your shaft.

Lobster

What about combining them?!? I mean, golf and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly, but adding in hookers and blow? Plus a workout- my suggestion would be to bench press the fat hooker while the other ones do lines off your nine iron

Multitasking, I like where your head it at.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Oh and tyler, sorry to jump to conclusions I hadn't read the whole post until now and sa where mason said he got pro rec for july 08; and no I haven't heard anything either. My OR said the soonest to expect anything would be the 21st, because the 20th is on sunday. He told me the delay is because there is a lot of paper work and random confirmations that take a few days before they release the results. He told me that as soon as he found out he would call me on my cell phone. So Mason how did you find out? If your reading this thread please give us some heads up, because I kknow I am confused.

Lobster

ok good i'm glad i'm not alone in the fact that I didn't here seems that the BDCP guys are the ones that haven't heard