• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

Lobster

yeah my recruiter did mention that the year was about to end...don't know why anyone would hold off on submitting an app though :confused:

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
yeah my recruiter did mention that the year was about to end...don't know why anyone would hold off on submitting an app though :confused:

From what I have been told slots disappear and appear depending upon feast/famine conditions and the size of the bank account as the fiscal year comes to a close.

Lobster

Yeah now that you mention it I remember him saying that too...so the Sept boards will be huge then?

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Depending on how they calculate it, all the slots could be open now. At least my recruiter seems to think so. He says the FY quotas should be reset now.

Lobster

Sorry to hear that, my recruiter told me that I might have not made it because of the 4th of July holiday :(. He said he'd let me know when the official list came out of how many applied.

Goob83

None
Sorry to hear that, my recruiter told me that I might have not made it because of the 4th of July holiday :(. He said he'd let me know when the official list came out of how many applied.
list has been out for a week now ask him

Lobster

list has been out for a week now ask him

Just spoke with him on the phone, he said he'd call me back when he got into the office. Thanks Goob (And thanks for all the gouge you've posted a lot has been helpful through this process)

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
It shouldn't matter if it is the end of fiscal year for us bdcp applicants though right? If it is switching from FY08 to 09 and if kurtzie and I maybe the others up are FY2010 it wouldn't matter.. correct? Either way the board was today, so I guess we will find out soon. Dreams and prayers on my part; and every time I think of it about it I just excited to hopefully represent the Navy my last 2 years of school and have my dream job serving my country waiting on the other end.
On a side note however, my future roommate, buddy from the academy and I drove down to P'cola past weekend to catch the blue show. After parking a 1 and a 1/2 miles out and walking, then posting up on the beach for a few hours, watching some police helos buzz and then a Grumman wigeon fly by, massive storm had built up and pissed on us for an hour and a half before they final told us they show was canceled.
We were pretty bummed, cause we had to drive back that night. However we still came out with a nice "remember Kevin "Kojak" Davis #6" sticker, watching a wet T-shirt contest, lunch at the museum, and hanging out at a cool store called wings(owned by a retired NFO Cmdr "Butch").
Anyways, figured I'd mention the trip.

Lobster

It shouldn't matter if it is the end of fiscal year for us bdcp applicants though right? If it is switching from FY08 to 09 and if kurtzie and I maybe the others up are FY2010 it wouldn't matter.. correct? Either way the board was today, so I guess we will find out soon. Dreams and prayers on my part; and every time I think of it about it I just excited to hopefully represent the Navy my last 2 years of school and have my dream job serving my country waiting on the other end.
On a side note however, my future roommate, buddy from the academy and I drove down to P'cola past weekend to catch the blue show. After parking a 1 and a 1/2 miles out and walking, then posting up on the beach for a few hours, watching some police helos buzz and then a Grumman wigeon fly by, massive storm had built up and pissed on us for an hour and a half before they final told us they show was canceled.
We were pretty bummed, cause we had to drive back that night. However we still came out with a nice "remember Kevin "Kojak" Davis #6" sticker, watching a wet T-shirt contest, lunch at the museum, and hanging out at a cool store called wings(owned by a retired NFO Cmdr "Butch").
Anyways, figured I'd mention the trip.

I don't think it does, my OR told me that during this time of the year most of the usual rules for the board can go out the window, meaning who they select but I guess we will have to wait some more and see. I understand what you're saying about representing the Navy, I'm like a little kid when I start talking about it I get all excited but I've wanted to become a Naval Aviator since I was little and now it could finally happen and its INSANE.

And your trip to see the Blues, "If its not a good time...its a good story" I heard that a while back at a commencement. There is a video of that storm and someone getting smoked with and umbrella on here somewhere.

Good luck again to everyone, fingers crossed :eek:

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Yeah we were getting static shocks through the wooden umbrella we were holding, so we just buried it deeper and made small humor of it. It was pretty sick to see the coasties fly in the first part of it and drop a swimmer and then land. It was also nice of the people to come over the PA and let us know there was "sever weather in the area, and we should go to our car with our WINDOWS UP!"
and as far as the board goes, we'll just hope that it goes in our favor.
G'Luck all.