• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jarhead

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
im thinking its a 2005 MC version of "Platoon"

will see anyways. looks cool, and hell its US military

Have you read the book? That was nothing like Platoon. From what I've heard it's close to the book.

HazeGray

Smoke On!
Be carefull, Hollywood has a way of making us looked jacked up at times ... but there are some good ones out there for sure.

oh you know it! heck, sometimes half the fun is picking out the inaccuracies (such as showing 3 different aircraft that are supposed to be the same one!) and seeing the 'hollywood' version, except when they get negative, then they just piss me off.:icon_rage but the good ones just make you sit back and smile :icon_smil

vvmountainvv

anyone seen the previews for "Annapolis"? wow....we were rolling in the theater when that came on. i didn't even go there and i was still laughing my a** off....

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Movie

So who saw the movie this evening? Thoughts?

I thought that while it followed the book it didn't on some of the areas I didn't like about the book. Still not completely sure about what I thought overall though. They spent much less time on what happened after he got out of the Marine Corps and I thought it opened up too many questions for those who didn't read the book.

Well I will defer to others for more input.

mike172

GO NAVY
i thought it was entertaining?.Do DIs really ram your head into chalk boards? I thought it was interesting how at the end they show Jamie Fox in Iraq now. At the end they played Kanye West so i mean thats gotta count for something.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
I thought the guy (Swofford) came off like a whiney litlle b!tch. Come on, cry me a river dude.

Never read the book, so I'm just going off the movie, but I felt like all he did was complain about how everyone did him wrong.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Coming from a civlian, but I was dissappointed by the movie. It managed to convey the same sentiments as the book, but it didn't come close to explaining the narrators reasoning behind them. That, and they did the usual mix and match of characters and personalities, I think Jamie Foxx's character was actually two different guys combined into one...

Other than the whiny film critic-ish BS, it was good. I was laughing through a good portion of the first half. Didn't realize a Santa hat was an authorized uniform :p

For anyone that hasn't seen it, my humble opinion is that its worth at the very least matinee prices.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
two words...SOLD OUT

I tried to go to the 7:00 showing and not only was it sold out but the line was around the block to buy tickets for the 10:00 showing. Hopefully I can buy my tickets for a weekend matinee(sp?) showing.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
I might piss a lot of people off here, but I thought, besides a lot of funny lines, this movie was a piece of trash. It portrayed the Marines in a very negative way. I just read "A Table in the Place" by Lt. Carey Cash and that book made me proud to have chosen the Marines and excited to go. When I saw "Jarhead" I left hoping that the real Corps isn't anything like that.

Why does everybody like this Swofford guy anyway? I haven't read the book, but I read a review with quotes from the book, and it seems like he was a real shi*bag. He tried to lie to get out of boot, then he admits stealing cases of MRE's and his fellow Marines' gear to sell for booze, he is clearly against war (why did he even join, I wonder?) and he held a loaded rifle to the head of one of his fellow Marines until he cried. This guy brings shame to not only the Corps but to the U.S. armed forces all together. I am not a Marine yet, but I am in the military and I felt kind of embarassed in front of all the civies after that movie was over. Anyone else agree with me here?