• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jarhead

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
hopefully it will be better than stealth, here is a chance for the marines to have a movie

jamie foxx only needs a airforce and army movie and he will be set

rare21

pilot
Contributor
mules83 said:
hopefully it will be better than stealth, here is a chance for the marines to have a movie

its actually a bad look at the Marines...do a search on the book and you'll see.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
...here is a chance for the marines to have a movie
You mean Heartbreak Ridge and FMJ don't count? What more could you ask for?

Brett

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Brett327 said:
You mean Heartbreak Ridge and FMJ don't count? What more could you ask for?

Brett

I agree, not much cant beat those, but those were made in the 80's. Cant think of too many more marine movies made since than but plenty of navy films.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
rare21 said:
its actually a bad look at the Marines...do a search on the book and you'll see.

Bad? Read the book, decide for yourself. It motivated the hell out of me.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Forgot Rules of Engagement and A Few Good Men.

Yeah, Jarhead was a stupid book. He was so full of **** he was putting in urban legends as stuff he had seen. Yeah right...

When a young man joins the Marines and trains to be a sniper, he finds himself plunged into the chaotic swirl of sand, oil, fire and death that was the Gulf War.

jarhead1.jpg

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
HueyCobra8151 said:
He was so full of **** he was putting in urban legends as stuff he had seen. Yeah right...

I assume you're referring to the wife screwing the other guy in the movie she sent her husband and everyone in the company saw it?

So the book isn't entirely true. Who cares? It wouldn't be near as good of a read if he had prefaced his stories with, "So once I heard..." It's entertainment, not a precis on the life in the Marine Corps.

SMILE4BULLETS

The book puts a very negative slant on the Marine Corps and the way it operates. Although this may be disheartening to some, I believe it's necessary to view all aspects of the Corps. I mean, I read the book and I had to re-evaluate my motives for wanting to be an Officer of Marines. Once I knew I was true to myself, I have not looked back since. You gotta look both ways before you cross the street ya know....

Grant

From the trailers they have shown on TV and at the theatres, the movie looks like its gonna portray the Marine Corps as a psychotic outfit. I'll probably go see it, but wont be happy if my guess is correct.