• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

nugget61

pilot
i'm looking for some help...

I sent in my COMPLETED app in mid NOV and took the ASTB DEC19. I thought the FEB boards were realistic, but OR told me more like MAR. Now, he's telling me APR. Is anyone else dealing with this? If this is the way it is, then fine. But my main concern is that my application is sitting around on my ORs desk, just waiting for him to finalize it, then my application will be thrown in the shuffle with everyone else's AT THE END OF THE LINE.

I understand this is a long process. But I know for a fact that all my LORs were in before JAN. My job references weren't long behind. I've asked my OR if there is ANYTHING I can be doing to speed up the process, and all he's said is he'll have me come in "sometime to dot all the I's and cross the T's." I take everything I hear on here with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard not many other people have waited this long. My OR also told me the boards were very backed up, but I see on here that they scrapped the 50 app rule.

I don't want to tick my OR off, but is it time to light a fire under him?

Well, there are a few problems... first, you can't have a 'completed' application without having taken the ASTB... maybe you meant the SF86 or some other paperwork? Second, it sounds like there's something else that you're in the holding pattern for, such as a medical waiver or anything? Third, UK sucks. ;)

Are you going through Louisville? PM if so.

IYAOYAS

Pro Rec SNA & NFO BDCP
Just an FYI for all. I got a call from my OR today. Got my final select for SNA BDCP. Will be swearing in on Monday. The letter was signed Feb 3. Now I am prior service + held a current security clearance + was in the aviation fieild. Could be why mine was so fast. Nothing like going from an AO2(AW/SW) to an E-3...But hey I will be going to an O-1E so I guess it evens out. Actually its a better deal lol

DFSpence

Just an FYI for all. I got a call from my OR today. Got my final select for SNA BDCP. Will be swearing in on Monday. The letter was signed Feb 3. Now I am prior service + held a current security clearance + was in the aviation fieild. Could be why mine was so fast. Nothing like going from an AO2(AW/SW) to an E-3...But hey I will be going to an O-1 so I guess it evens out. Actually its a better deal lol

Congrats, when do you class up?

IYAOYAS

Pro Rec SNA & NFO BDCP
Mar 2011, but I might be able to grad early and leave earlier. I am schedule to grad in the Fall 2010 semester, but I might be able to grad in Spring 2010. But as of now its Mar2011

kashmir

SWO BDCP
Just an FYI for all. I got a call from my OR today. Got my final select for SNA BDCP. Will be swearing in on Monday. The letter was signed Feb 3. Now I am prior service + held a current security clearance + was in the aviation fieild. Could be why mine was so fast. Nothing like going from an AO2(AW/SW) to an E-3...But hey I will be going to an O-1E so I guess it evens out. Actually its a better deal lol
Congrats on final select!! I am in the same boat as you! Prior EM2(SW/AW)! You really think that is why it was so quick?? I hope so!! Hope to hear something soon!!

IYAOYAS

Pro Rec SNA & NFO BDCP
kashmir...Yea I mean if you think about it you remember when you first went in and had to wait for all the security clearance crap and all the paper work/waivers if you had any and then you went down to MEPS to do all the final stuff...Well they dont have to do any of that. We are in the systems(even some of my old waivers were still in there). They were like why are these here when I first started my app. Also I mean everything is up to date with us. Plus I had everything in my initial package....So it was all there. I think the results for SWO came out about a week later so I wouldnt see why you would get your in a week or two.... And thanks

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'm going to take my "pre-ocs" PRT today...my recruiter has their pro-recs take a PRT either right after they final select or close to it she says. So maybe our final selects are coming up.

This is probably up to the individual recruiter, but I guess it makes sense, my recruiter said a couple times in her district people would get selected and then let themselves go prior to OCS...so she has them take a PRT. Smart. I guess it's embarrassing to send off a candidate to OCS who is out of shape..makes the recruiting command look bad apparently.

She told me just to get a good low, which I can do better, but she said the point was to just make sure I'm within standards still...so I guess I'll do that and then go to the gym later to complete my work out.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Hmm...I still haven't heard back from my recruiter yet. No answers to either my email or phone message. I think I will try sending him another email. Anyone else waiting to hear back still? I don't get why it's taking so long. SWO and INTEL should be out by now.

DFSpence

Hmm...I still haven't heard back from my recruiter yet. No answers to either my email or phone message. I think I will try sending him another email. Anyone else waiting to hear back still? I don't get why it's taking so long. SWO and INTEL should be out by now.

After reading your sig, I think your recruiter needs to follow his own advice.

Charity

Final Select SNA
When do we choose an OCS date? Before or after the final select letter? Or do we get to choose at all?

Gills

Little Jorge, INTEL did not meet in January, so you'll probably have to wait until Feb. SWO is definitely decided, so I'm not sure what's up with that.