• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
haha glad to see i'm not the only one. so maybe some of us can get that guinness in RI. :D I'm stoked. Spence has a good question, one I thought about last night, too. I was ready to start yesterday. :p

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
extra stout or draught? I like the draught. Blue Moon is good, too. Put a slice of orange in it...good stuff. the beer is actually brewed with oranges, so when you add the orange/citrus, it definitely wakes it up.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
For MOST people..final select is a formality. The big hurdle was the pro-rec. If everything is squared away and you pass medical...everyone is pretty much good to go. I would say pro-rec to final select is 98-99 percent sure..it just varies from one person to another WHEN you get your final select.

Look at it this way, you cleared the biggest hurdle. (Prior to flight school and going to NAMI for the flight physical in Pensacola ;) )

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
extra stout or draught? I like the draught. Blue Moon is good, too. Put a slice of orange in it...good stuff. the beer is actually brewed with oranges, so when you add the orange/citrus, it definitely wakes it up.

I like both, but I prefer the draught to stout. Then, I prefer it from the tap than the can or bottle (no shaker is a good shaker).

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
I must agree. Shiner on tap is amazing. It's a TX beer, you wouldn't understand. :p I really want to have a guinness on tap in Ireland, I've heard it's so much better.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
I think I had some shiner in Hawaii, actually. My friend from Texas was surprised to find it there. As for Guinness in Ireland, I too would enjoy that. We stopped through Ireland on the way back from Afghan and we weren't allowed to drink. The plane after us with all of the SNCO's and Officers were allowed to though (imagine that).

Charity

Final Select SNA
To what degree does getting pro-rec'ed SNA mean that I will end up getting SNA final select? I know that I still have to submit my physical and get the security clearance, but how much of a formality are those things? I got my physical at Corpus Christi NAS last October and spoke with the flight surgeon down there and he said I'm good to go as far as he is concerned. Plus I don't have a police record. I don't want to tell my friends I got selected to be a pilot and then find out two weeks later that its not going to happen for some reason.

I know this is a question my recruiter could answer but I can't wait until Monday! Any thoughts?

I'm a little concerned too because my recruiter told me my left eye is in question. He told me MEPS says my left eye is not correctable to 20/20 from 20/30, but my doc says it is. Also, I think my vision loss may come from astigmatism and that maybe I'm just barely outside the astigmatism
standards. If so, I'm getting prk and my recruiter says we can hold the pilot spot(I hope he's right he says he's done it before). Since my astigmatism is VERY minor, I think I only have to wait 3 months to get a waiver. Not sure, hopefully I won't have to get prk. It's all going to be okay though, everything has worked out perfectly so far. I just want to get everything checked out and fixed now before going to OCS then finding out I'm not qualified.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Oh, and I know a lot of girls don't like beer. I'm not one of those...I like shiner, corona, coors light, bud lite, oh heck, I like em all! I'm not into the fruity drinks. In fact, I'm at a Marriot in Austin for a duathlon tomorrow and there's a bar in the hotel! Happy hour in an hour! I'm going to be soooooooo sloooooowwwww tomorrow, but who cares!

DFSpence

Good luck with all the eye stuff Charity. I had PRK back in March and though it has been worth it, the first couple of days post-op were absolutely miserable. Avoid it if possible.

Kick ass on your duathlon tomorrow, don't get too hammered.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Good luck with all the eye stuff Charity. I had PRK back in March and though it has been worth it, the first couple of days post-op were absolutely miserable. Avoid it if possible.

Kick ass on your duathlon tomorrow, don't get too hammered.

Thanks, I won't get it unless I have to. I didn't get too hammered, just a little buzzed to get me through the 3 hour USA Triathlon awards banquet for the Mid Southwest Region, lol. Who's your recruiter? Mine is in Houston becase that's where I was for 5 months before coming back to Tyler.