• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPod is totally worth it

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
PT all you want with the music, then just get it done on game day without it.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
When I run I can't get the apple earbuds to stay in my ear and I wear them correctly, I think.
I had the same problem. The solution is to go out and buy some earbuds designed for working out. I got some Nike ones that have a dealio that goes around my ear and keeps them in great. The normal Apple earbuds have never really worked for me.

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
The Apple ones work fine around the house but when your running and doing all kinds of motion, its like they have oil or something on them.

schwarti

Contributor
Just to toss this out there - the nanos and shuffles are flash-based, like a thumb drive. The video and older iPods are just hard drives. Hard drives have moving parts - so when subjected to repeated jarring motion, like when you run, there's a decent chance they'll break after a while.

Plus, the smaller players like the shuffle can be tucked into a pocket and not swing around, which is really annoying.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I have an arm band for my shuffle (the old school one w/o a clip) and it's great when I go running or participate in some other kind of exercise.

When all the different iPods were coming out I opted for the 1 gig shuffle for the fact that I really only use it when I'm exercising (lifting or running) and it holds something like ~225 songs on it which is great since I don't need more space than that.

Exercising with a bulky 6 million gig iPod with movies you can't watch anyways isn't very practical.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I have an arm band for my shuffle (the old school one w/o a clip) and it's great when I go running or participate in some other kind of exercise.

When all the different iPods were coming out I opted for the 1 gig shuffle for the fact that I really only use it when I'm exercising (lifting or running) and it holds something like ~225 songs on it which is great since I don't need more space than that.

Exercising with a bulky 6 million gig iPod with movies you can't watch anyways isn't very practical.
And all that extra weight just kills your workout.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Definitely, go with the iPod Shuffle.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

I ended up with a Nano and a Shuffle (actually both original and the newer clip style). I find whenever I want to work out or work in the yard (mowing, etc.), I always grab the newer Shuffle because it's so lightweight and uncomplicated and the clip allows you to attach it to sleeve or collar of your clothing. If I'm flying commercial, the Nano is nice if you have time to look at your selection options, but Shuffle is more than enough and price is right (ordered it on-line and got it inscribed for free). Awesome piece of gear and makes mowing experience less tedious.