• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPod is totally worth it

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I have an arm band for my shuffle (the old school one w/o a clip) and it's great when I go running or participate in some other kind of exercise.

When all the different iPods were coming out I opted for the 1 gig shuffle for the fact that I really only use it when I'm exercising (lifting or running) and it holds something like ~225 songs on it which is great since I don't need more space than that.

Exercising with a bulky 6 million gig iPod with movies you can't watch anyways isn't very practical.

Thats what I use. I added the Otterbox to prevent losing my second iPod to sweat... the first was the $300 iPod video :eek: I hear it allows you to swim with your iPod if you have water-proof earbuds but I've yet to try it.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Thats what I use. I added the Otterbox to prevent losing my second iPod to sweat... the first was the $300 iPod video :eek: I hear it allows you to swim with your iPod if you have water-proof earbuds but I've yet to try it.

Next, people won't be able to shower without having their iPod in..some kind of apple conspiracy! I mean swimming with an iPod is something I would never do in the first place; I would figure the wires would most certainly get in the way, or you would drop the damn thing while moving your arms through the water. Do they make wireless ear buds?...that would be feasible for swimming I suppose..but here's my theory:

iPods + water = dead sailor :eek::eek:

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Good songs for running

What are some great motivational songs you guys listen to while running?

My collection is weak right now. I need something that's going to make me want to run to the top of Everest.

helo_wifey

My collection is weak right now. I need something that's going to make me want to run to the top of Everest.

The theme song from "The Unit" TV show. Its kinda catchy.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Pretty much anything Sum 41. I also downloaded some pretty good SEAL cadences...:)

FMRAM

The Final Countdown, by Europe. If it's good enough for Rocky, it's good enough for me. :D

I never knew that was a legitimate song until a couple months ago when I heard it on the radio. I used to think it was just a generic song that magicians used.:D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Billy Idol (esp Rebel Yell) and AC/DC (Back in Black or Hell's Bells) can get you going.

FMRAM

I had the same problem. The solution is to go out and buy some earbuds designed for working out. I got some Nike ones that have a dealio that goes around my ear and keeps them in great. The normal Apple earbuds have never really worked for me.

When I run I can't get the apple earbuds to stay in my ear and I wear them correctly, I think.

dumbo.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

I use a couple of Dos Gringos tunes, Jeremiah Weed and Sammy Small, they seem to get me going. I also have a couple of Chevelle tunes, one is called "Still Running" that is pretty good. Joe Bonamassa and some blues rock guys have great driving blues rock songs that help, and when all else fails I play some Paul Oakenfold techno "songs". They have such a beat and you can just drone out are great to just get you through that last part of your run.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like to start my runs with You're the Inspiration and Will You Still Love Me?, by Chicago followed by Feel Like Making Love by Bad Company, and then even a little Danger Zone, by Kenny Loggins