• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPod is totally worth it

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Agreed. I had a video iPod and the armband case. A 12 mile run and some sweat later and I was out a bit of water and a $300 ipod. My shuffle on the other hand, has yet to fail me.

I wear a nano in a neoprene case. It never fails me. I like it better than the shuffle because it gives me the power of choice and has enough memory to keep many playlists for things other than running. I don't think I could wear one of the monster iPods. I realize that other brand mp3 players are just as good and way cheaper, but my iPod is an indulgence. I can still remember how prestigious it was to have a CD player with antishock. I also remember keeping my tape player(refurbished from the local drug store) in my back pocket and the big wire and foam headset on my head when I played basketball...yeah, I'm street like that.:headphone

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Mine's 20 gigs, and it's about 3/4 filled up. I got it 3-4 years ago before the little ones got really little, and the big ones got bigger. (I compared, mines slightly bigger than a Mini, but significantly smaller than a Video). I had a smaller Rio that I used to run with, but I kept wanting to switch out my music. Trouble was, I don't keep 15G+ worth of mp3s on my computer. That's what I bought the Ipod for. Easy, fast access to my entire music library. That's my plug for an Ipod 3 years ago.
New Ipods... Who the hell needs a VIDEO Ipod to listen to music anyways? Or even a color screen for that matter? Or 60 gigs for that matter? Why should I be forced to pay for crap I'll never use?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I'll play devil's advocate and pass. Any other MP3 player can give you just as much of the same and you don't pay for memory space you'll never utilize. Let us not forget the song and dance replacing its batteries can be. Apple offers a program where you can mail off the ipod and replace the battery for like 59 bucks + S&H, but the whole thing is a little much where any other MP3 can use simple rechargeable AAA batteries.
I agree. I have a samsung flash mp3 player. It has half of a gig, holds about 120 songs and cost me around 50 bucks. Its about 3 years old and doing fine.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I have the 30GB video Ipod. It is far beyond my requirements. I can't figure out how I'll ever fill the thing up, unless I start filling it with movies.

helo_wifey

I have an 80GB and its almost full, but mainly with movies and tv shows. We rip movies from our collection and put them on the ipods so we don't have to worry about buying them from itunes. I also travel A LOT and with the extended battery pack (55 hours) its enough to watch whatever I want on trans-pac flights (especially when the plane doesn't have individual screens and you're in the last f*ing row).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I have an 80GB and its almost full, but mainly with movies and tv shows. We rip movies from our collection and put them on the ipods so we don't have to worry about buying them from itunes. I also travel A LOT and with the extended battery pack (55 hours) its enough to watch whatever I want on trans-pac flights (especially when the plane doesn't have individual screens and you're in the last f*ing row).

How in the hell do you rip DVDs? I have like 60+ movies, but am clueless on how to rip them to files I can put on my portable media player...:icon_rage

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Dump your Apple stock

That same iPod that I bought about a week ago is broken already. I didn't get it wet, drop it, or anything like that. Terrific product.

Edit: not broken, just inexplicably frozen and needed to be reset.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That same iPod that I bought about a week ago is broken already. I didn't get it wet, drop it, or anything like that. Terrific product.

Edit: not broken, just inexplicably frozen and needed to be reset.

Mine did the same thing right when I got it. There's a reset procedure on apple.com. It's no big deal, but the procedure is not at all intuitive. It's only happened once to me so there's still hope for your machine.

helo_wifey

Google answers all your questions. Find a free program on there.

Agreed.

Its quite simple and you can even put them in PSP format as well. The husband puts them into psp format and keeps them on his computer since his psp can't hold that much and if he's on alert will bring the psp with a few movies and games and play with the rest of the guys.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Just don't be the guy who shows up at the seawall thinking he can bring his iPOD up to squad bay. And honestly. The PRT takes all of what, 9 minutes run? It's not really a big deal.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Jim Cramer says to sell AAPL 10 days before the iPhone release. I dunno???

I don't know what Cramers MO is (just that the cover of his book is friggin scary). He's either not a trader and hates risk, or he thinks he's good at short selling. With the recent consumer confidence reports in being positive, and America's obsession with Apple products other than computers, I think they have a good shot at striking gold. But don't take my word for it. I'm not sure anybody really knows what's going to happen to the stock price regardless of the sales of the phones.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I don't know what Cramers MO is (just that the cover of his book is friggin scary). He's either not a trader and hates risk, or he thinks he's good at short selling. With the recent consumer confidence reports in being positive, and America's obsession with Apple products other than computers, I think they have a good shot at striking gold. But don't take my word for it. I'm not sure anybody really knows what's going to happen to the stock price regardless of the sales of the phones.

Well, I think Cramer is thinking that pigs get slaughtered. He actually suggested selling 75% of your position and letting the rest run. He's probably thinking that iPhone hype is driving the stock right now and actually sales can only disappoint.

I'm already up >30% after two months in AAPL!!!