• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel and IW to merge?

jrasmussen

Pro-Rec'd for Intel
Pro-Rec'd

Well, found out I was pro-rec'd for intel today! I danced around the living room for a good five minutes. :D A weight off my shoulders, that's for sure. Anyway, so don't give up hope, intel /is/ selecting.

bbell

Hello Everyone,

I just found out that my application was not reviewed by the last Intel board! It was submitted in June. Apparently there was some mix up about a request for my prior-service record. The request was not answered and therefore my application was not reviewed. To say that I am beyond frustrated would be an understatement! My recruiter said the next board will be in December and that the Crypto board will not meet till February.

Brady

cierno31

Intel/crypto chances

What are the chances of going Intel/Crypto with a degree in business/finance? I assume they will try to put me in supply but I've heard a lot of negative things about supply. Any information would help. Thanks.

ducam23

Supply Corps - BDCP 2007
What kind of negative things about supply? I was pro rec'd for supply and i've only heard good things.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These days there is no chance for an intel slection with business and finance degrees. I haven't heard bad things about Supply as a designator or career field. There can be bad assingments. Supply jobs vary widely from finance, to logistics to retail, and more. It is possible someone might get one of those jobs and not be happy. In three years he will get another.

Eagle81

pro rec'ed for intel...
pro-rec'ed

I was just pro-rec'ed for intel on Tuesday; hopefully the rest of the process will go smoothly.
And just for the record,
OAR of 66
GPA of 3.15 in physics from Carleton College

Apparently, what made my application stand out was the fact that I'm an Eagle Scout- apparently they have smart people coming out their ears, and leadership is harder to come by. Oh, and I had to convince the intel officer of my worthiness in a phone interview, as it had come down to me and one other applicant.

bbell

Intel Board meeting

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the board will be completed on the 16th. Good luck to everyone.

Brady

erinbynight

erinbynight
Ditto on that. I was a few days late on my app. If you want your app in for the next selection board, you should have it in by the first few days in February. I believe Feb 7 is when they want to have them all in, and then they will meet to discuss. My recruiter is polishing up some stuff on my app, so it should go down to Pensacola this week or early next. w00t for me.1

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
News

If anybody hears anything about the intel board that met the week of 12/16 let me know. I am waiting for the results. :eek:

INDY500

On 12/17 I rec'd a call from my recruiter informing me I was pro rec for Intel. I just sent in my medical forms and ESPQ info.

BP12

When did you send in your app?? Mine went in mid Oct. My recruiter is a jerk so I haven't heard anything besides that the board called to get some more info the first week of December. Everytime I ask my recruiter he goes on and on about how the intel board is one of the longest and most extensive boards and I need to be patient. I am afraid he is waiting to hear back from all the boards before he tells me anything, and Intel is all I really care about.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't know if your recruiter is a jerk or not. But I can tell you that he is absolutley right about the intel app process is long and inprecise. He is not waiting to tell you how you did until all the boards come back. There is no percentage in it for him to do that. It is also the case that the vast majority of the time the results of all program choices comes back in the same message to the recuiter. I know it is hard to wait so long. The intel process has been the worst one since before my first recruiting assignment in 1984. Simmer down and you wll know soon enough.

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
Wink,
my bdcp app w/everything went in early oct as well and I have not heard either. Then again, my recruiter has been out of town since the 4th. He comes back soon so hopefully I will have some information on tuesday. I applied intel, swo, crypto. What are you stats? I posted mine
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8132 on the board already. Hey INDY500... what were your stats?

All in all the wait blows and having my mom yell at me to wake up every morning because I can't afford to move out really blows. :icon_rage I need money and job security quick.

bbell

Hey CUBoulder,

You must learn extreme patience if you are to make it through this process. I sent in my second application in June 04 and my first was sent in June 03! After spending 6 years on active duty, I'm way too familiar with hurry up and wait. This process has much room for improvement. Good luck everyone.

Cheers,

Brady