• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IM A RAIL AND I CANT HELP IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSnake

Our in house nutrition technition knows his stuff....hmmmmm, that E-5 pay is going to good use!!!! haha jk JR

Borncreole

Two words "Mega Mass". I came in the Navy at 6'1" 150lbs. I couldnt gain weight for sh**. Bootcamp put a mere 5lbs on and the SAR a wopping 2.5lbs. I worked my ass out. I maxed out at 120 sit-ups 70 push ups on the old PRT with 9:45. Didnt matter still sitting at 157lbs. I worked out, running, swimming..everything. Lots of weight training. Then I tried Mega Mass. I was shooting for 4000 calories a day. 3 months 10lbs. next 3 months another 7.5lbs. It helped a lot and was pretty cheap. around $25.00. The creatine will help you go longer, last the distance and not burn out so fast. Try not to work out for more than an 1 hour. Anyway here is a link to the mega mass.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/generalnutritiondirect/supmegmas20b.html

Hope it helps you out. Just remember you dont need mass to get through Bootcamp, OCS, PRT. You need Pushup, situps and *THE RUN* be good to go on this before you worry about putting on lbs.

zuggerat

i went to my doctor yesterday to see what he said about suppliments and he said the best thing to take for muscle regeneration and stuff is this stuff called boost or the carnation energy drinks. i think he's just biased against suppliments tho. thanx for all ur responses, you've all helped a butt load!

jaerose

Most doctors (no offense) don't know much about supplementation, or training, unless that's their specialty. They know about pathology and diseases.

Oh, how many pounds equal a butt-load, exactly?
J/K.

JR

BeanFighter

pilot
If you want to gain weight I got the PROVEN method that has worked miracles for almost every Naval aviator I've ever met. This foolproof plan works for every body type and can be surmised in one word... get married.

kevin

hey, that was 2 words. which leads me to believe that you're just trying to scam money with this plan of yours. youre no better than jenny craig.

GVSURob

From what I understand the most important thing to gaining mass comes after the workout if you do the right exercises while working out. During your workout you should do exercises that have a wide range of motion, this creates tiny tears in your muscles, which is the key to gaining muscle mass. After you workout, if you intake 30-40 grams of protein (shakes work best because liquid goes right into the blood stream) it will "fill in" those tears you created with the wide range excercises and stretching, thus creating muscle mass. It's important that you don't take anymore than 30-40 grams of protein at any given time because your body can't handle anything more, and you'll just crap it all out and waste your money. On one final note, make sure you consume as many grams of protein in one day as you are pounds in weight (exp: 180 lb. person should take 180 grams of protein). Pretty much a combination of eating one meat meal per day, a few glasses of milk and 2 protein shakes a day should take care of that for you. FYI I'm not a professional at this, but I've done some pretty serious weight training in my life, and I've gotten great results using the stuff mentioned above.

Daedalus

I have a question, why do you want to bulk up? I'm sure those guys in the strong man competitions can't run a mile and if they did it in an hour and a half they would create a fire from the friction of their legs. Seriously, unless there is something you can't do like as many pushups or situps as you'd like there is no reason to 'bulk up' for the sake of it. A friend of mine, an Army officer is a rail too (as am I) and he was something like 5 lbs above the min weight, and if he went below he's have to be put on a program. He outruns just about everyone, and can max out situps and pushups. I'm sure there are people with 3x the muscle mass that can't do half the amount of pushups he can. Therefore my input is, don't put on muscle to the point of where it would hinder your running. Do you need any at all?

Grant73

Focus on basic, compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts, bench (flat and Incline), dips and military press. Keep your sets around 6-9 for large body parts and 4-6 for small. Do not do cardio before lifting. Ideally keep cardio and lifting at least 8hrs apart.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Try eating protein bars after lifting. It's a good way to add muscle mass without getting really bulky. I like the Leanbody gold peanut caramel ones. To give you an idea, I'm 5'11" 168 lbs, but I can bench press 225 3 sets of 6, I can do 16 pullups in a row, and at our command PRT last week I cranked out 88 pushups.

Kycntryboy

pilot
There is no perfect solution to lifting weights and getting bigger, either your born with the right genes or you just wear shorts. You can never go wrong with adding more protien to your diet. Creatine is possibly a good solution because it will help you do that extra 1-2 reps, and that will help you get stronger (them last one or two are the most important 1 or 2.) If your looking for quick results... there are none. Getting big takes a lot of work (I've been lifting wieghts since 9th grade). Free wieghts are better than the machines because you work a lot more muscles (other than the major ones) because your working on stability. The main thing is you just have to go, I would recommend gettting a partner to keep you accountable (I only know 2 people who lift regularly only by push themselves). Just go, have fun, and don't just focus on arms (which is my favorite) you got to do the squats if your looking to add mass.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Bench 335 (17 reps at 225)
Squat 445
16 pull ups
Height 6'2''
Wieght 235 ( weighed 180-190 throughout high school)
13.1% BF
Just to give you an idea that I'm not talking out of my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.