• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IM A RAIL AND I CANT HELP IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

Aight, im really starting to get angry, i've been running and working out like crazy for a while now and i cant gain any kind of mass at all. 5 times a week i run a mile as fast as i possibly can, then i slow jog 3 miles, and i mix it up a bit too, i do curls until my arms are about to fall off as well as the standard gym work out, and push ups. I just cant get any bigger. I've been a 6'3" piece of railing all my life and i cant get any lateral mass or just bulk in general. I've been looking into suppliments like creatine and such but i dunno if it's the answer. HELP THE POOR SKINNY KID!!
irked_125.gif
banghead_125.gif

perchul

legal supplements won't make you any bigger, you may not be able to actually put on all the size you want but I've seen many people with your same stature become quite impressive. This all takes alot of time though, its worth the time to put on good weight. During college I put on 20 lbs over 4 years and that doesn't seem like much, but a persons phenotype (<---really had the urge to use that word) changes dramatically with just 10lbs of muscle. At this point in the game you need to concern yourself with numbers, make sure your increasing the amount of weight your doing and make sure your putting some more lbs on the scale. Most importantly EAT

jaerose

Do you have a super-high metabolism? If so, then it's probable that you're over training. Also, if you do and you want to get bigger...cut back on the cardio and do it AFTER lifting for about 20 minutes. Also, do any running after lifting. How much do you eat per day? Keep a food log for 3 days and eat normally...then total up your calories and macronutrient ratios (carbs, fat, protein) and you'll see what you're eating. Then estimate how many calories your burning per day (figure your basal metabolic rate, then add on calorie expenditure from work, daily activities and working out). I'd shoot for about 500 calories per day in excess of what you burn (at least at first, you can increase it later...just don't get fat). I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice, but that would be my first step(s). To get big, you've got to eat enough, which might be hard at first, but you'll get used to it.

JR

perchul

I think after today this site will be half dedicated to military aviation and the other half is going to be a fitness site, someone needs to consolidate all these excercise threads

kevin

ok, so i take it you ARE TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT? sorry, im laughing at an earlier post. and i'll reiterate what i did before. dont know how much youre willing to sacrafice to gain mass, but you need to slice down the running stuff. once, maybe twice a week...no more. youre simply burning too many calories to gain weight. you need to eat like the proverbial horse and concentrate on lifting. if you get a supplement get whey protein and glutamine...these are the most fundemental things your muscles need. but even they dont replace the need to eat calories. you can try concentrating on massive movements like benching, squatting, deadlifting (sorry, my bias being a powerlifter) and dont do curls until your arms fall off. most people overtrain arms because they think the more curls they do, the bigger the muscles will be. dont work like that. stick to the 20-25 sets of bis, 20-25 sets of tris per workout, once a week, and intensely. this is all dependent of course on how much you're willing to sacrafice your running for. oh, and get steroids...they help...A LOT!! jk, but they do make a big difference (just ask any pro bodybuilder).

zuggerat

Phenotype is a great word...so biological yet somewhat veracular at the sametime, anyways ive been at school for a year now and i ate like crazy (pretty much everything, wraps, whatever was on the hot-line, pizza, salads, college food ingeneral) and i didnt gain any weight. I'm 145 and i must have the metabolic rate of a hummingbird or some kind of small woodland creature 'cause whatever i eat gets burnt off when i stand up from the table. Do u guys have any experience with creatine?...what does it actually do for the body?...and does it actually work cause i believe its not endorsed by the FDA. Jaerose i usually eat a lot of proteins and carbs...im not a big veggy person tho...i hate broccoli so dont even mention it. Ill try the food chart for a week or so and figure out what im eating. get back to me on the suppliments tho... thanx a lot guys,

zuggerat

kevin, im pretty new at this gym thing, before a few months ago i'd never set foot in a gym, so im still trying to find a good regiment that suits me, so i could be over working my arms and neglecting other areas.

perchul

Well creatine doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA, my experiences with never made me gain weight or retain water although I could pump out those extra 1 to 2 reps. It will not be a panacea to your weight woes, the only way it will help is by aiding to your lifting regiment. If you've got the money to spend on it do it, stack it with glutamine too

zuggerat

Glutamine, is that pill based? or a power based mix...imma suppliment virgin so bare with me. If creatine only gives u an extra 1 or 2 reps then thats not what im looking for. Im looking for more of a long-term suppliment that will assist with muscle development, which sounds more like the whey and glutamine sups.

perchul

Your need to focus on your whole body for countless reasons, in the end doing squats will help your curls. You need to convince your body that it will be growing and focusing on arms won't do that. I've been told by some bodybuilders that a strong leg regiment is the best way to ignite growth in your body. Jaerose is right about you doing to much cardio, don't stop but tone it down; You need to set some sort of scedule for what days your going to work what groups. It is very important to go into the gym with a plan, you shouldn't go in there and look at the machines and then pick what you will do. Since your just starting out I would set one day to legs, another to back and bi's, and another to chest and tri's.

perchul

glutamine usually comes in powder and its the most abundant amino acid in most carbs I think, either kevin or jaerose can confirm are deny that.

zuggerat

lol whats funny is i do exactly that...i get there and i cant figure out what to do first...so bodyscuplting goodness...

so what is ur advice for a novice lifter what kinda set/rep is safe...cause ive gone to websites on like and i've seen everything from 5/20 to 3/35 on various machines etc etc

submariner8

You are a hard-gainer like myself. I am 6'2", and throughout college I never weighed more than 160 no matter how much I ate. In the five years since, mainly due to inactivity and an ever slowing metabolism, I gained over 35 pounds.
Anyway, I tried creatine about 3 years ago, and I can't say it really helped me gain any weight. In the three or four months that I tried it, I gained maybe 3-4 pounds, but that was possibly due to the huge calorie intake rather than the supplements. I've heard a lot of people recently say to stay away from creatine, and go for NO2. I don't know anything about this myself, but that's what I hear to use in order to gain mass. I think jaerose talked about how this works in a recent post...

Status
Not open for further replies.