• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Illegal Killing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
kevin said:
actually, although acute alcohol usage leads to lower blood pressure, the chronic effects of this can lead to hypertension due to the degradation of hepatic tissue and consequent flow turbulence through the portal vein. im an *******.
Duh. The dog is supposed to offset the hypertensive effects of the alcohol. Hello.

kevin said:
back on topic, im going to have to agree with el cid mostly. the media is a business. just like everything else in corporate america, business comes first.
My poing: the media aren't whores because they're liberal - they're whores because they're whores.

I want to clarify something: I have no illusions that the media are completely benevolent and only want to expose injustice and save the world and, I don't know, rescue puppies and make rainbows and give everyone a pony. They aren't. They're whores (see above).

My argument is that they aren't necessarily liberal whores. A lot of reporters are liberals, but what motivates most people in the media is money, not politics. They don't want the story that makes the military look bad, or the story that makes the government look bad - they want the sensational story that will sell papers. In the case of embedded reporters, sometimes it's good (Saddam's statue falling; troops handing out Beanie Babies), and sometime's it's not (Marine in question).

So, to sum up: whores, yes; liberals, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.