• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I KNEW this crap was going to happen.

incubus852

pilot
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302009/news/regionalnews/survivors_gilt_152720.htm

150 people miraculously lived through a possibly disastrous mishap and now they're bitching about not being rewarded.

What the hell is wrong with people?!

Does anyone seriously think they should get anything besides being reimbursed for their lost articles and lugged and MAYBE a few free tickets?

The last quote says it all; "I think they should sue." :icon_rage

louisvillefan77

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302009/news/regionalnews/survivors_gilt_152720.htm

150 people miraculously lived through a possibly disastrous mishap and now they're bitching about not being rewarded.

What the hell is wrong with people?!

Does anyone seriously think they should get anything besides being reimbursed for their lost articles and lugged and MAYBE a few free tickets?

The last quote says it all; "I think they should sue." :icon_rage

Hahahaha, that is hilarious. The only people on that airplane that should be rewarded are the pilots. I can't believe how people are these days. Now I finally know why Jigsaw from Saw put those people in the traps; becuase they don't appreciate their lives. They are acting like it is the airport's fault or airplane company's fault, but they can't help what happened. People these days...

A nuclear war can ruin your whole day

TrueAce

Banned
Only in the "great" country of America would litigation be possible. It just shows how pathetic we can be in addition to being the global capital of greed.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Only in the "great" country of America would litigation be possible. It just shows how pathetic we can be in addition to being the global capital of greed.

So America is "great" to you meaning some sort of sarcastic bullshit? Yet you want to serve in the military?

BullGator

So America is "great" to you meaning some sort of sarcastic bullshit? Yet you want to serve in the military?
I think it is a slight to the perceived common approach of the few that abuse our rights as responsible citizens for their monetary gain, while never taking responsibility for their actions (e.g.people with frivolous law suits). They take the fun out of some things (diving boards, children that fall out of trees or what have you while playing in someone's backyard), and some are flat out ridiculous (B&E robbers who slip and fall while committing felonies. Then suing for idiocy).

It is funny because the other day when I first heard of this I said basically the same thing as you: that these individuals should get every last dolar from the geese's family. Frankly, they should be happy and grateful to be alive, and accept the $5000 for their luggage. Which is more than enough.

...Of course though, there will always be a few that have to ruin things and be greedy, and there are enough lawyers to turn a few good people that are on the fence to sue...

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
They didn't crash you into the water maliciously. They could have crashed you into a mountain, a skyscraper, the ground, etc. Your life is your reward.

An interesting thought; this would be a moot point if they had all died. We wouldn't have to listen to them whine about not being compensated for the pain of being alive.

Shouldn't this fall under something like the Good Samaritan laws? If not, and they sue and win, it will be setting a VERY dangerous precedence. What's next, suing the firemen who flooded your house? Or the EMT who broke your ribs/chestplate performing CPR?

BullGator

An interesting thought; this would be a moot point if they had all died. We wouldn't have to listen to them whine about not being compensated for the pain of being alive.

Shouldn't this fall under something like the Good Samaritan laws? If not, and they sue and win, it will be setting a VERY dangerous precedence. What's next, suing the firemen who flooded your house? Or the EMT who broke your ribs/chestplate performing CPR?
Most likely scenario is that the airline settles out of court. These passengers' cases should be dismissed by the judge (most law suits should, IMO), or hopefully if it did go to trial the jury will not be kind to them. I would be very happy to see US Air counter sue them for court costs. That would be great. Unfortunately, they will settle... and these people will be rewarded, again.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Corporations usually settle bullshit cases out of court when the legal fees would cost more than the litigants are asking.

In this case, I think it's just the Gen Y upbringing talking. "Hey, something bad happened to me...don't I get a cookie?" Passengers are getting upset because no one's offering them book deals and the Oprah show won't return their calls. And, like, they're making such a big deal out of the pilot. I mean, all he did was land the plane. Hello? How hard can that be? It's even easier than normal, since he didn't even have to land on a runway, right? What about me and my traumatic experience!?

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Corporations usually settle bullshit cases out of court when the legal fees would cost more than the litigants are asking.

In this case, I think it's just the Gen Y upbringing talking. "Hey, something bad happened to me...don't I get a cookie?" Passengers are getting upset because no one's offering them book deals and the Oprah show won't return their calls. And, like, they're making such a big deal out of the pilot. I mean, all he did was land the plane. Hello? How hard can that be? It's even easier than normal, since he didn't even have to land on a runway, right? What about me and my traumatic experience!?

Sir it makes one wonder what happened to people's sense of dignity...