• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I KNEW this crap was going to happen.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir it makes one wonder what happened to people's sense of dignity...

Seriously? Do you own a TV? ;)

Fuck dignity...everyone today thinks they deserve to be famous and lavished with attention, even if they've done absolutely nothing at all. Why not? They spent their formative years getting Participant ribbons and gold stars for showing up to class and never, ever getting kicked off anything because it would hurt their feelings.

So if they can't be famous for doing something noteworthy or becoming accomplished in some field of endeavor, then being famous for being a victim will certainly do. And now this evil heartless corporation isn't going to reward them for a scary experience...well, that's not fair!!! :icon_smil

GroundPounder

For the airline guys out there, Why don't the carriers get together and refuse service to anyone who has a current action against an airline? There is no right to being on an airline flight and it might just ct down on some of the BS suits that get brought against them.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the airline guys out there, Why don't the carriers get together and refuse service to anyone who has a current action against an airline? There is no right to being on an airline flight and it might just ct down on some of the BS suits that get brought against them.

I'm not an airline guy, but I'm pretty sure that'd violate anti-trust laws.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An interesting thought; this would be a moot point if they had all died.

Hardly, then the lawyers would be chasing the victim's families with promises of even bigger rewards if they agree to let the lawyers handle their lawsuits against the airline.

Pilot123

pilot
What grounds for a lawsuit would they have?

What did the airline do wrong? Stage birds in the flight path so this could happen?

It was actually the airline and its employees who are responsible, along with rescue workers, for saving all the lives.

Name me one thing the airline did wrong and should be held accountable for with regards to this accident?

incubus852

pilot

What did the airline do wrong? Stage birds in the flight path so this could happen?

It was actually the airline and its employees who are responsible, along with rescue workers, for saving all the lives.

Name me one thing the airline did wrong and should be held accountable for with regards to this accident?

Oh man... have you learned nothing about the american legal system? You don't need a reason to sue...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

They should have had 4 engines...they should have known...if they had a SS3 they would have caught it on radar...

incubus852

pilot
They should have had 4 engines...they should have known...if they had a SS3 they would have caught it on radar...

'nuff said. Once the media found out there such as thing as AHAS/BASH, speculation started on whether or not US Airways should have caught it...

robav8r

None
Contributor
They spent their formative years getting Participant ribbons and gold stars for showing up to class and never, ever getting kicked off anything because it would hurt their feelings.

More accurate words have not been spoken. I am so looking forward to the public education & teachers union debates from the current administration on how we can "improve" and better "prepare" the youth of today for the challenges that lie ahead tomorrow. I know, don't hold my breath . . . . :icon_rage

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Not surprised to hear that this is happening. People are retarded. Rather than being happy that they can go home and see their kids/family they want to know what, in addition to saving their lives, the airline is going to give them.

While I agree that the level of greed in many people in America is atrocious, I wouldn't say it is the worst in the world. You can look in many parts of the middle east where 1% of their population lives in gross excess that would make even some of our big corporation CEO's blush while the other 99% live in squalor.

This reminded me of another ongoing lawsuit, though. Did you all hear about the stripper that got wasted at work and then decided to drive home and ended up hitting a building or something like that... and now she's suing her employer for encouraging her to drink. It should be an open and closed "you're fucking retarded" case, but last I heard she was winning the case even though the strip club has expressed rules about not consuming more than about 2 drinks while working and that if a patron buys them a drink they should opt for a non alcoholic.

Either way, the strip club isn't responsible for her driving while under the influence. If my friends took me out drinking and I drove home and hit something.. could I sue my friends because they encouraged my drinking???

yak52driver

Contributor
If that had been me or my family on that flight I'd be taking the crew out to dinner and sending them Christmas cards for the rest of my life. A small minority of people have a skewed idea of what life is about.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
If that had been me or my family on that flight I'd be taking the crew out to dinner and sending them Christmas cards for the rest of my life. A small minority of people have a skewed idea of what life is about.

Not so sure it's a small minority, though. This type of thick mentality seems to be creeping up on us and appears to be more and more prevalent in society in general.

yak52driver

Contributor
Not so sure it's a small minority, though. This type of thick mentality seems to be creeping up on us and appears to be more and more prevalent in society in general.

You may be right, I'd just like to believe that the majority of people would do the right thing the majority of the time in a given situation. Entitlement to immediate gratification is a problem these days...