• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Might be on its way to do what Gustav should have done... Or it might come here!:eek:

025613W_sm.gif

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Or it could be going up the eastern seaboard. Seriously, I still think it's too early to tell.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
you're an idiot

i tried to think of something better to say but that really kind of sums it up.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
crap. swing north, go slow, and send corpus some more of them waves dammit.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
OK seriously, to the "I hope New Orleans is wiped off the face of the earth" crowd:

I think it reflects poorly on a profession that is in place to protect Americans to publicly voice an opinion that wishes ill upon Americans. I know you all have your right to say these things, and that they are your personal opinions and you'd put them aside to do your duties, but I still think it's a bad idea.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Okay Seriously: My original comment was meant as a joke and it's quite funny seeing everybody with their panties in a wad. But since you are so concerned it is obvious you weren't in the south in 2005 and didn't have to deal with the sudden influx of crime in your neighborhood. You might have a different opinion. Furthermore I am not wishing ill on anybody but if a hurricane is going to come to the gulf coast and destroy something, I hope it goes to NOLA and not here.

Bevo16

pilot
OK seriously, to the "I hope New Orleans is wiped off the face of the earth" crowd:

I think it reflects poorly on a profession that is in place to protect Americans to publicly voice an opinion that wishes ill upon Americans. I know you all have your right to say these things, and that they are your personal opinions and you'd put them aside to do your duties, but I still think it's a bad idea.

Well, nobody from Texas wants New Orleans wiped off the face of the earth. The last time New Orleans got hit, they opened up their sewer and it is still screwing up Houston, Beaumont, Austin, and Dallas. Folks in Memphis, Hattiesburg, and countless other cities are still feeling the effects of Katrina. Pretty much every city that was stupid enough to accept refugees and not have an "exit strategy" for them has learned their lesson. It seems to have been to much to ask for these people to go back to their city and take on the task of rebuilding it themselves. None of this work was to tough for a "latin migrant labor force" though.

On the bright side, you can now get a decent migas plate in New Orleans.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
crap. swing north, go slow, and send corpus some more of them waves dammit.

Hells yeah!! Those waves on Labor Day were awesome. First day I've surfed Corpus and wished I had a smaller board.

Double bonus was watching all the idiot tourists get their cars sucked off the beach.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yah, it was entertaining. They closed the beach around noon because it was obvious that in short order, there was not going to be any beach left to drive on.

All the idiot tourists who had come up for the long weekend were somewhat piqued, and basically made a big enough stink that the beach was re-opened around 1300.

By 1400, everyone with half a brain had gotten their cars off the sand. By 1500, cars were no shit floating away. :eek::D:eek::D

Luckily, this is South Tejas we're talking about, so there was no shortage of locals with pickups sporting 40" tires to yank the soaked cars out. Not sure what kind of shape the cars were in, but the surf was saved.:)