• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
IKE is back to a Cat IV.

Buddy from NAS Key West said they got the orders to evac.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
OK seriously, to the "I hope New Orleans is wiped off the face of the earth" crowd:

I think it reflects poorly on a profession that is in place to protect Americans to publicly voice an opinion that wishes ill upon Americans. I know you all have your right to say these things, and that they are your personal opinions and you'd put them aside to do your duties, but I still think it's a bad idea.

They lost any sympathy that they might have received from me when they shot at the people trying to rescue them. . . .

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
OK seriously, to the "I hope New Orleans is wiped off the face of the earth" crowd:

I think it reflects poorly on a profession that is in place to protect Americans to publicly voice an opinion that wishes ill upon Americans. I know you all have your right to say these things, and that they are your personal opinions and you'd put them aside to do your duties, but I still think it's a bad idea.

Just because I swore an oath to defend these douchebags doesn't mean I have to like or respect them, or the poor decisions they make. Part of that 1st Amendment I keep hearing so much about....

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hells yeah!! Those waves on Labor Day were awesome. First day I've surfed Corpus and wished I had a smaller board.

Double bonus was watching all the idiot tourists get their cars sucked off the beach.

agreed. I took the Taco through a couple inches of water and was nervous, but the idiots in mercedes and acuras in 2 feet of water were definitely worth laughing at. Not able to get out in those waves though...Fiance was in town and I was counting on tuesday to be nearly as good (it wasn't...damn you she-devil, damn you!)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hells yeah!! Those waves on Labor Day were awesome. First day I've surfed Corpus and wished I had a smaller board.

Double bonus was watching all the idiot tourists get their cars sucked off the beach.

Best part is regularly watching people get their cars stuck. it's one thing to drive a truck on the beach, but a SMALL 2WD car OFF the hard-packed sand? Just retarded.

I was running back from Bob Hall Pier one day and I had someone flag me down. He was in a compact car in the SOFT, deep sand, utterly stuck.

Him: "Hey, sir! Do you know how to get this out??"

Me: "Uh... not really sure. I drive a civic and don't take it on the beach (read: you're retarded). You could probably try X Y Z (dig out wheel, put seaweed/sticks under the front blah blah blah)"

Him: "Wow. Thanks!"

Me: *runs off facepalming*

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah, the parking lot by Bob Hall pier isn't too bad in my car (RWD compact) if you are careful about where you park, but anywhere else is just dumb......

Back on subject, this guy does keep pulling farther and farther westward in track. I would think it's interaction w/ Cuba and the rest of the islands out there might cause some change, but otherwise it is starting to look less like a FL or LA landfall...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Here's a little tip for any of you who do get stuck on the beach or the sand even if you're in your big bad 4WD truck. Deflate your tires a bit to improve your traction.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Wow, looks like IKE is, in the words of Don Trump (Or Fuccillo in upstate NY) "Huuuuuuuuuugggge."

at200809_cumwind.gif

Also the computer models are interesting...

at200809_model.gif

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I wish this thing would head west pummel kingsville. I dont wish any harm on people or property but it would be cool to see.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^^^ Well, if it has to hit somewhere, Kingsville makes more sense than, say, NOLA.

I mean, if there's nothing there to begin with, there's not much to have to rebuild. :icon_tong

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
And I finally just unpacked everything and got my room all normal again from when we packed for Dolly. Oh well, maybe we will get a vacation out of this one....