• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HS-8 Deployment.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Geez guys...face it, you're all still just a bunch of helo bubbas. ;)

I guess HS-8 did have good enough maintenance practices to win the Golden Wrench. Some things they must have done right.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll let those Fighter Attack Guys answer that. Cheers.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
<begin threadjack>
phrogpilot73 said:
Who is really going to say "I hate what I fly" - No one.
I had a couple of p-3 IPs in primary tell me exactly that just prior to selection. :eek:

<end threadjack>

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, I can't wait to see what Squeeze posts in this thread.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
kmac: Oops, when I glanced at your profile, I saw the quote and it just registered bug driver. But I guess if you are at NASNI, you couldn't be.

UINavy: Come on... He didn't know his squadron did not complete the best deployment ever? That they did not wite the book on Armed Helo recon? If I wanted BS I would be reading Wings of Gold or the local base paper, or god forbid the Intelligencer.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
OK OK let bevo have his time in the sun. HH60H - you are right, he may not have had the end all be all but I'm sure their squadron is thrilled that they were allowed to make a contribution and leverage their training and equipment.

How many first tour helo guys get to see real combat anymore? This is a huge win for us and hopefully it means a culture shift in the Navy Helicopter Community to aggressively pursuing high risk combat operations.

Now lets see guys like bevo and HH60H get written up for the personal awards and decorations that are due - and compete with the Strike/tacAir community on Air Medals, awards for valor, etc. More DFC's on the chest of Navy helo drivers would be a good thing!!

Lets go get 'em!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
OK OK let bevo have his time in the sun. HH60H - you are right, he may not have had the end all be all but I'm sure their squadron is thrilled that they were allowed to make a contribution and leverage their training and equipment.

How many first tour helo guys get to see real combat anymore? This is a huge win for us and hopefully it means a culture shift in the Navy Helicopter Community to aggressively pursuing high risk combat operations.

You are right, I came off a little hard, I apologize.

ChuckMK23 said:
Now lets see guys like bevo and HH60H get written up for the personal awards and decorations that are due - and compete with the Strike/tacAir community on Air Medals, awards for valor, etc. More DFC's on the chest of Navy helo drivers would be a good thing!!

Lets go get 'em!

The only DFC I have seen on a Navy helo pilot was my Skipper (who was a DH in the same sqdn) who made some serious rescues during Hurricane Andrew. He and his crew (several AW's who were still in the sqdn) were in Time magazine, and on all the nightly news shows.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Trust me, there are a lot of first tour helo guys getting combat time. A lot of us are going back for the second or third time.

Phrog73, I spent 6 months in the sh**hole called TQ. It was really fun dodging the rockets the Iraqis kept launching at us.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think Chuck was refering to Navy helos only. Alot of us are envious of Marine Corps helicopter missions/combat time/etc.

phrogpilot73

Q-ball said:
Phrog73, I spent 6 months in the sh**hole called TQ. It was really fun dodging the rockets the Iraqis kept launching at us.
You don't think we didn't get some of that love from the hajjis up at Al Asad? At least you guys had comfort trailers in TQ... Nothin' but Porta-Johns for us! :D

bobbybrock

None
Have any of you guys heard of Navy H-60 guys coming to fly with the Army? I read this on previous post.
It would probably be great for both sides. I've been in Iraq about 8 months and average about 60 hours a month. About one third of that being goggle time.
I see you Marine bubba's flying into downtown Baghdad often. I've seen a few Seahawks up north but haven't seen them flying much.
I concur with you phrogpilot73. Al Asad is a shizathole. Flew in there yesterday. Not a nice place.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Gotta love the comfort trailers, when they worked. It sure beat dropping a deuce in a 150 degree porta-john, choking to death on the stench.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
bobbybrock, all I've heard is that the Sierras are coming to help w/ Dustoff. But I think you're probably referring that gouge in your post.

phrogpilot73

Q-ball said:
Gotta love the comfort trailers, when they worked. It sure beat dropping a deuce in a 150 degree porta-john, choking to death on the stench.
Trust me on this one - you got to learn when Hajji came to clean the porta johns. If you were on days, you held it until you got up the hill to work (it would be relatively clean, especially if you knew the schedule, and not too hot when you got there), and if you were on nights, you held it until just before you went to bed (again, somewhat clean, and not so hot). Funny thing was, first time I went to Al Qaim, didn't know they had comfort trailers and dropped a deuce in the worst porta john in my life. Next morning realized, and quickly tracked down a Stars & Stripes to make life complete! :D