• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helmet Visors

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Girls are indeed popular with the comm/nav/radar/ecm techs. In fact, when someone in the shop had a boy we immediately attacked them for being lazy and not spending enough time playing in the RF.

Yeah, I had a chief w/ two girls an a boy. The two girls were westpac reminders and the boy was a shore duty instructor billet....Oh yeah, he was an FC radar tech so go figure.....

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
virtu050 said:
any documented hazards of sitting on the radar cabinet in a p-3?

One of my old Skppers (NFO) decided to sit there on a takeoff that ended up in a runway departure. Supposedly he got tossed pretty hard.

I've also heard you can make coins stand on end on that thing due to some kind of magnetic field. Never tried it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Wasn't that better than him not knowing where you were in the goo and the alternatives that come with that situation.........?
Yeah, for all the times I've gone lost sight in the goo, I wish I could just slide back into radar trail. :(

Brett

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
zab1001 said:
One of my old Skppers (NFO) decided to sit there on a takeoff that ended up in a runway departure. Supposedly he got tossed pretty hard.

I've also heard you can make coins stand on end on that thing due to some kind of magnetic field. Never tried it.

any chance my gonads are getting toasted?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
virtu050 said:
any chance my gonads are getting toasted?
If you're still flying w/ a -115, you're probably ok (although those magnetrons are old and possibly not that well-shielded). If you're flying w/ a -137...well, I'd find an x-ray chest vest to sit on.

Me? I'll be duct taping steaks to the Hummer's dome. ALQ-99 - HAH! I pity the fool pushing that little power (and yes, I have your specs Brett)! Bwahahahah! Fear the frisbee! :D

Ok, well, that said, yes we have what appears to be a disproportionate number of girl children born to our folks... hmmmm... Maybe the shore tour (now) would be a good time to get to "business"... ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goober said:
ALQ-99 - HAH! I pity the fool pushing that little power (and yes, I have your specs Brett)! Bwahahahah! Fear the frisbee! :D
Yeah, you've probably got me on ERP in your particular band, but I also have a huge beamwidth (at least that's what the ladies like to hear), plus my signal only has to go one way. ;)

Brett