• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hawkeyes!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotta do it and watch the E-2 NFO mafia flip out. Damn I feel sorry for you going E-2's and having to deal with that group :(

The depth of your NFO hate knows no limits. I can only assume that you were sodomized by an NFO at an early and tender age.

Brett

MasterBates

Dunno about Bunky's "Unfounded" NFO-Hate. It's "weird" here.

I had 3 of the "cooler" NFO Instructors here tell me "as a retread go COD at all cost"

Oh well, I'm here. They will learn to deal with me. And my excessive use of rudder. :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The depth of your NFO hate knows no limits. I can only assume that you were sodomized by an NFO at an early and tender age.

Brett

Let me spare your feelings. I don't hate NFO's, I know many good FO's. However, the E-2 NFO community, as a group, is not a good bunch to deal with, especially being an outsider (COD guy). Were there individual good E-2 NFO types? Hell yeah but combine them as a whole and things go down hill quickly. As with anyting, a few bad apples stand out more than the whole as well. Some of the absolute worst officer/leaders I've come into contact have been a specific type(s)...E-2 NFO and at least two pilots (one CAG). In 16 years, I've seen all types and have had the time/experience to draw a conclusion.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me spare your feelings. I don't hate NFO's, I know many good FO's. However, the E-2 NFO community, as a group, is not a good bunch to deal with, especially being an outsider (COD guy). Were there individual good E-2 NFO types? Hell yeah but combine them as a whole and things go down hill quickly. As with anyting, a few bad apples stand out more than the whole as well. Some of the absolute worst officer/leaders I've come into contact have been a specific type(s)...E-2 NFO and at least two pilots (one CAG). In 16 years, I've seen all types and have had the time/experience to draw a conclusion.

Come on, Bunky. Your reputation preceeds you. ;)

Brett

MasterBates

So should I walk into the ready room at "Hogwarts" (I shit you not, this is what the Fo-Daddys are calling the classroom building) and tell them "Bunk says hi" and then dodge the projectiles coming my way?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None

Brett
I thought we covered this in the Flash/Boyscout thread?:D MB, if youmake CAG, you can get a CAT4 in the Hornet! Do it dude!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So should I walk into the ready room at "Hogwarts" (I shit you not, this is what the Fo-Daddys are calling the classroom building) and tell them "Bunk says hi" and then dodge the projectiles coming my way?

Should be all new INFO's now. I tell ya, having worked with my enlisted aircrew in the back of the COD and E-2 NFO's, I'll take the aircrew any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I

MasterBates

The scary part (besides the possibility of ME making CAG) is that if I do by chance do a CAG Paddles tour and then scam a JSF Cat-Whatever, I'll be/have been qualed in everything going off the boat, save the COD.

60s, BTDT
-2s, Workin on it
Bug/SupaBug- CAG Paddles tour (many have reccomended this, gotta work on the CAPC/LSO thing first)
JSF- Hey, it's big man friendly (at least the sim is)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I absolutely agree that the Hummer two-anchor world seems to attract more than our share of dorks ("Hogwarts"? (facepalm) for fuck's sake...wish I could say I don't believe it). But I don't think I agree that there's more assholes-per-capita in our community than the others. The RAG instructor pool probably gave you a skewed demographic. Just my $0.02.

MasterBates

Oh, it gets better. They call the head training dude "Dumbledorf". I had to go look that one up. That's the head wizard in the Harry Potter books.

At least be a grown up nerd and call it Isengard (more properly Orthanc) and Saruman or Gandalf.
:facepalm: