• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

haircuts and liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

peineytan

i will be there feb 21, i know what it's like the first 2 weeks, i got yelled at for stupid things, just keep your mouth shut was the best thing for me. i'm referring to enlisted boot camp, i know ocs is 10times worse. i'm concerned about the hair only because the shorter i get it done, the less concerned i have to be about it and more concerned about everything else. brooke if you have curly hair especially, get it done BEFORE, my hair is straight and they managed to make it crooked.

peineytan

i will be there feb 21, i know what it's like the first 2 weeks, i got yelled at for stupid things, just keep your mouth shut was the best thing for me. i'm referring to enlisted boot camp, i know ocs is 10times worse. i'm concerned about the hair only because the shorter i get it done, the less concerned i have to be about it and more concerned about everything else. brooke if you have curly hair especially, get it done BEFORE, my hair is straight and they managed to make it crooked.

thundersquid

pilot
Originally posted by version2point0
yeah and they pick on prior service more than anyone else, too.

-v2.0

Alright, Something to look forward too!!!! (that's sarcasm for those of you who couldn't sense it)

version2point0

hey if you havent noticed already, i ask a TON of questions. i ask recruiters, i ask MEPS personnel, i ask my officer recruiter, i ask people on this forum. i guess its just my nature to do that. so yeah, for not having been to OCS yet, i feel i am rather well informed.

it was my officer recruiter that told me they "single out" prior service. i believe his exact words were: "the DIs will find them first and say things like, 'oh! you think youre better than us huh? wanna make something better of yourself?' and more yelling of that nature." p.s. he told me this when i asked him last friday, so i think my remembering that comment was not misconstrued with time.

all im doing is sharing the information i already know in hopes of learning stuff i dont know.

-v2.0

peineytan

i hate recruiters, my recruiter got me into this situation...don't believe everything the recruiters tell you. it's going to be quite an experience and yes they will pick on prior enlisted they can pick us out of the crowd by what we know, we'll automatically know to call them senior or master chief, rather than "sir" like i did in boot camp and got my ass handed to me...when does your class start 2.0?

av8tor

I'd totally disagree. DI's understand that priors have been through the bull before and cut them some slack. Most become class presidents, even those who are as dump as mud. Nuc's appeared to have the easiest time, I would speculate because they're so hard to get in the Navy. We had three Nuc's in my class and I can't remember any of them ever getting yelled at. To their credit, they were hands and arms smarter than anyone else, referred to as "Nuking it", but they had the marching rythym of a broken record.

tdunn

Hey peiney. There was a cool thread a while back titled "Where are the women?". You might want to check it out. It answered quite a few of my questions. I want to say it was from July or August and under Forum 'OCS'. Anyway... the females that I've talked with say that regardless of hair length, you will receive an AWEFUL haircut upon starting OCS. I hope this helps.

Crowbar

None
Originally posted by peineytan
i hate recruiters, my recruiter got me into this situation

How? Did your recruiter force you to apply for OCS? Did your recruiter personally go beg the board to accept you for OCS? Is your recruiter now holding you at gunpoint and making you report in to OCS? Call me a jerk, but it seems like there are plenty of people just on this forum who would love for their recruiter to get them into the situation of having to go to OCS. I can assure you that even though I have to do OCS (Marine OCS, no less) all over again, the only person that got me into it is myself. And it only took me ten years!

av8tor

Ahrrrr, recruiter's, they're lying if their lips be moving. Probably pulled the 'ol sign this it's a birthday card routine, and then informed her, ship pulls out at dawn so don't be late, Ahrrr.

Crowbar

None
Originally posted by av8tor
Ahrrrr, recruiter's, they're lying if their lips be moving. Probably pulled the 'ol sign this it's a birthday card routine, and then informed her, ship pulls out at dawn so don't be late, Ahrrr.

That's too funny. Birthday card no less! That's much better than the old, "Fully paid vacation in Florida" bit.

peineytan

tdunn, thanks for the info, i will look into that. and crowbar, i was referring to my enlisted recruiter, i put in for ocs on my own, the officer recruiters won't even talk to me because i'm supposed to go to the career counselor if i want info. and i did volunteer but i wouldn't have signed up if he really told me what being in the enlisted navy is all about.

Crowbar

None
Yeah, enlisted recruiters can...stretch the truth from time to time.

But do you not dig being in the Navy or being enlisted in the Navy? I can't say that there are jobs in the Navy I don't think are interesting (AW, EW, AC with TACRON) but I certainly don't think I could handle being a BM or a DC. Makes me shudder just thinking about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.