• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Go right, GO RIGHT!

at200807.gif

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Well I've been tapped to help fly out the hurrevac birds should it be necessary. Party in LC anyone?

nugget81

pilot
Get this -- the LSU home opener was originally scheduled for Sat at 4:00pm, but has been moved up to 10:00am so people can attend the game and then evacuate. Talk about priorities...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Get this -- the LSU home opener was originally scheduled for Sat at 4:00pm, but has been moved up to 10:00am so people can attend the game and then evacuate. Talk about priorities...

Yep...now I have to get to the bar at 8:30 AM to get a spot to watch my Mountaineers pull the shocker (oh yes...the shocker :eek::D) on the college football world once again.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heeeel, yeah, bwah! Ain' no gawdammed hurrey-cane gonna stop 'dem Tigers. Sheet.

I could give a shite about LSU. I just find Louisianans funny.

Avalanche24

My apologies if this was already posted....I looked for it and didn't see it, but every time I think of something on Maddox or another funny site, someone's already posted it. :)

upcoming_hurricanes.png

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Um yeah, according to the NHC it's now a Cat 4. This is going to be rough for whoever it hits. Looking at some of the latest tracks has it going to west LA but possibly curving around the TX coast southbound. Either way, it's going to hurt.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Um yeah, according to the NHC it's now a Cat 4. This is going to be rough for whoever it hits. Looking at some of the latest tracks has it going to west LA but possibly curving around the TX coast southbound. Either way, it's going to hurt.
Weather Channel just said that they expect it to weaken due to shear before it hits land. Still, it's looking an awful lot like Katrina. Maybe people will now realize the stupidity of building a city below sea level in hurricane country.

Oh, and if the evacuation goes swimmingly this time, is it still President Bush's fault? :icon_tong

bb1125

None
Has anyone got a hurevac order in Pensacola? I haven't heard shite yet as far as evacing, but I'm not sure if I want to stick around for this one. The last I heard they were saying up to 80 knot winds as far east as Perdido. Not to mention, I'm pretty close to the water, so if we get much of a storm surge, my house could wind up underwater.