• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Has anyone got a hurevac order in Pensacola?

Don't expect an evac order until Sun afternoon. You should be in the cocked and locked position to go. Call your respective duty office for info relay. Word should come down from CNRSE mandating a military evac, your command will then relay the word to you with instructions to follow.
Questions?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone got a hurevac order in Pensacola? I haven't heard shite yet as far as evacing, but I'm not sure if I want to stick around for this one. The last I heard they were saying up to 80 knot winds as far east as Perdido. Not to mention, I'm pretty close to the water, so if we get much of a storm surge, my house could wind up underwater.

No evac orders for P'cola. Last word from NASP (yesterday morning) was stay at Condition 4 and monitor the storm. They were going to re-evaluate today if the track shifted at all east, but so far it's only shifted west. Next re-eval will be when Gus actually enters the Gulf.

Expect some wind, rain, and I can almost guarantee the power will go out for a while. But we'd have to get a pretty solid hit from the NE quadrant to get much stom surge, except on the Gulf-front.

Knock wood, G-d willing, insh'allah, but right now we're okay.

at200807_model.gif

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Incidentally, noticed lot more Louisiana license plates than usual around here today. The exodus has apparently begun.

Much discussion yesterday about P'cola being a log hub for any Louisiana relief ops. Apparently Sherman Field can accommodate 60+ H-53's, which was news to me.

FWIW, here's a link to an article showing IVAN's projected path two days before landfall. Pretty accurate.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Incidentally, noticed lot more Louisiana license plates than usual around here today. The exodus has apparently begun.

Much discussion yesterday about P'cola being a log hub for any Louisiana relief ops. Apparently Sherman Field can accommodate 60+ H-53's, which was news to me.

FWIW, here's a link to an article showing IVAN's projected path two days before landfall. Pretty accurate.

The Sea Wall in JAX is heading out to P'cola Sun night or Mon morning for prestaged Hurricane Relief, so... Anyone want to grab some beers?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
no word at NAS CC on an evac yet. COR IV. Anyone have gouge on where we can find a description of the different readiness levels?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's defined in your command's disaster-prep instruction. Unless you're a DH or higher, don't waste your time looking it up. If they say "go," then go. Preferably earlier.