• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

cinnamon

For now I’m hitting the weights 5-6 times a week. I’m going to start doing a lot more cardio starting Monday?. I don’t mind running but I’m dreading the running in boots? breaking in boots the first time was so rough! Lol

Also, the pilot I did my interview with recommended I throw some swimming in the mix for API. This video is a little dated but it just gets me pumped every time!

bigbird

Biggest Bird
For now I’m hitting the weights 5-6 times a week. I’m going to start doing a lot more cardio starting Monday?. I don’t mind running but I’m dreading the running in boots? breaking in boots the first time was so rough! Lol

Also, the pilot I did my interview with recommended I throw some swimming in the mix for API. This video is a little dated but it just gets me pumped every time!

Yeah I’ve never had to run in boots before or do any kind of marching in them, I’ve only worked in them so it will be interesting to see how my feet hold up. I hear the boots they give you there are horrible too. Not sure how true that is but it just doesn’t make me feel any better about things...

srp_4737

A few of you guys have mentioned planks. Is this something that the Navy is implementing in lieu of curl ups for the IST?

Swimmer91

Yeah I’ve never had to run in boots before or do any kind of marching in them, I’ve only worked in them so it will be interesting to see how my feet hold up. I hear the boots they give you there are horrible too. Not sure how true that is but it just doesn’t make me feel any better about things...
Yeah the boots I was issued in boot camp were pretty rigid and heavy. Spec ops and pilots can buy nicer boots later. I was in a 800 division in navy boot camp and we did get worked out sometimes in boots but other than random short calisthenics, I doubt ocs would make you do any actual runs in boots. I think only seals do full runs in boots and they have lighter ones.

Swimmer91

Yeah the boots I was issued in boot camp were pretty rigid and heavy. Spec ops and pilots can buy nicer boots later. I was in a 800 division in navy boot camp and we did get worked out sometimes in boots but other than random short calisthenics, I doubt ocs would make you do any actual runs in boots. I think only seals do full runs in boots and they have lighter ones.
Sorry for all you marine prior enlisted haha

Thanos

Yeah I was gonna say, I haven’t heard of running in boots at OCS or boot camp. One of my best friends is enlisted and I asked him about that once, and he said they never made him do that. Honestly, that would be horrible. It’d probably just slow you down too

jalen22

Im the Marines we ran in boots periodically, I don't remember if we did in boot camp. I mean technically we ran all the time lol, but I'm not sure in a pt context. I like to assume we will in OCS and if I'm wrong then it'll be a nice surprise haha.