• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 IDC DCO Boards

hopeful_one

Cryptologic Warfare Officer
Has anybody who was selected been contacted by their recruiter for the next steps?
I spoke with my recruiter, but my next step is to go to MEPS and get physically qualified. On that note - does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment at MEPS - in general?

I am getting my physical done by the Reserve center instead of MEPS. MEPS can be real hard asses about stuff like this.

hopeful_one

I am getting my physical done by the Reserve center instead of MEPS. MEPS can be real hard asses about stuff like this.
If I want to do that instead does my recruiter schedule the appointment? If I don't have to go to MEPS I would rather not. Also, the sooner I can get physically qualified the better.

EcuaC

Most family physicians can do the general requirements that are needed for your medical (physical, blood work, vision, hearing, etc.). I would tell your recruiter that you want to avoid MEPS at all costs. Regardless, even if you had to see 2 or even 3 different doctors it would be better then having to go to MEPS. My 2 cents.

hopeful_one

Most family physicians can do the general requirements that are needed for your medical (physical, blood work, vision, hearing, etc.). I would tell your recruiter that you want to avoid MEPS at all costs. Regardless, even if you had to see 2 or even 3 different doctors it would be better then having to go to MEPS. My 2 cents.
Ok - thanks for the tip. I'll talk to my recruiter tomorrow about it.

uabmedic

First of all, CONGRATS to all Pro Rec'd!!

Unfortunately, I found out that my packet was not submitted. Actually, it was; however, another document was requested during the QA process and my OR recruiter did not realize this until the date the board met. Needless to say, VERY frustrated at this point but all I can do it look forward to the next time!

First of all, CONGRATS to all Pro Rec'd!!

Unfortunately, I found out that my packet was not submitted. Actually, it was; however, another document was requested during the QA process and my OR recruiter did not realize this until the date the board met. Needless to say, VERY frustrated at this point but all I can do it look forward to the next time!

Man I know that is frustrating.. I would be pissed.. I am sorry to hear that.. The whole process is a major pain and your recruiting district can either make it a small pain, or a big one.