• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
I was fine until I read this site.

I can honestly say that I was fine until I was introduced to this site by one of the members on my ship who also put a package in. We have found that 2 of the 5 packages onboard are closed and that there are 3 that are still open in the package status tab. A word of advice for everyone is that you just need to calm down. I realize, boy do I realize, that this package is probably the biggest thing that any of you have going on in your life right now, but at this point there is absolutely nothing anyone of us can do but wait. All of these conspiracy theories are based off of heresay and therefore are not worth putting into the equation. All we can hope for is that someone who is part of the board messes up and "leaks" the results, but until then, there will be no more fretting the outcome. Best of Luck to each and everyone of your.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
Any new words/rumors/theories for today?

Where's that one guy... you know who I'm talking about. The guy who has a friend who used to know a person who cuts grass for an old lady whoes son worked in a building that special orders boxes for company that makes gift baskets that deliver to a school where is a 12 year old boy that's the adopted son of a father that assembles stamps for $0.73 a piece which are used by an high school intern who stamps the dates on NAVADMINs..... Where's that guy, I know he's on this site somewhere.

The fact is... at least for me... I'll see the results whenever they come out, whenever that might be, and I'm just fine with that. But I've got to say, this time between now and then, it helps to have something to talk about and contemplate with other individual that are in the same situation. It keeps me hopeful and anxious, and occupies my time. Though... It would be cool if somebody had a mom/dad on the board.

jeeplovindad

haha ... yeah, one of the girls that is up for this almost cried (literally) when we showed her this site. It is what it is. I'll submit another one next year, my wife will make sure of that, and life will go on. However, if I do make it, I won't be going on cruise next year and that would be lovely.

Oh yeah, I heard ...

jeeplovindad

The "Check Status" function will be disabled 01 September for this application year

This blurb is the only thing that really bothers me about the fact that I can still see the list of all of my documents online. The only question I have is how we are sure that the board is no longer convened and that results have been determined? If anyone has a definitive answer on that, I'd feel much better.

Oh man, I've been bitten by the "airwarrior.com forum bug" that I've been laughing at all day. What am I thinking?

clay_79

in response to the "check status" disablement, people didn't start seeing their status change until the 17th of Sep. So I wouldn't put too much weight on that statment.
And about the bug, imagine sitting in a hotel room in NYC with nothing to do but sit on the computer when your not out working. At this point it's the equivalent of crack.

jeeplovindad

I hear that ... but also imagine sitting on duty, on a ship, in CSMC, with nothing but a computer and nobody to talk with. I'm sitting here refreshing my screen every once in awhile hoping that somebody has something interesting to say.

It's funny what you'll do when the direction your life is going to take is completely dependent upon somebody (or bodies) in Pensacola, FL.

As for that blurb, we'll see, you'd think they'd have a better system in place to allow us to monitor our packages.

jeeplovindad

Yeah, I read all of that, but label me the pessimist because until I hear (or see rather) those words from Ed Straten, I'm not certain I believe them. The delay in updating the website with the package results is rather irritating.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I hear that ... but also imagine sitting on duty, on a ship, in CSMC, with nothing but a computer and nobody to talk with. I'm sitting here refreshing my screen every once in awhile hoping that somebody has something interesting to say.

It's funny what you'll do when the direction your life is going to take is completely dependent upon somebody (or bodies) in Pensacola, FL.

As for that blurb, we'll see, you'd think they'd have a better system in place to allow us to monitor our packages.

If you want some fun tell a spy tech that the C&D skid just took a dump, and the temps are rising quickly :D Or a GMM that the magic three alarms went off, if I remember quickly, sprink sys low pressure, plenum high water, and deluge active? :D

jeeplovindad

If you want some fun tell a spy tech that the C&D skid just took a dump, and the temps are rising quickly :D Or a GMM that the magic three alarms went off, if I remember quickly, sprink sys low pressure, plenum high water, and deluge active? :D

Yeah ... I'm the SPY Tech on here and yeah, that pretty much the worst thing to be woken up for considering 1) we have the computer/display tech onboard for duty and 2) it's his day to play CSOOW. yeah, I have another 5.5 hours in here ... so I'll be posting some more I'm certain. I kinda wish I'd never found this website, but then again, it's nice to find people with similar concerns.

jeeplovindad

oh yeah ... speaking of skids, you ever hear of a heat exchanger shell sprouting a pinhole leak? We're having ours almost completely disassembled in order to fix that little problem.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
so does this mean my odds are actually increased because i'm a woman? score!​

I don't think being a women could hurt at all. Well with the exception of not being very good at dodgeball. From my professional experience, females are not very good at dodgeball. :icon_tong

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
consider this for a second. The sta-21 website has been getting updated all week... when the next fy cycle will be able to start, new flashy eye catchers, and etc, they even have time to remind us to vote! But nobody's checklist has changed in days.

(network administrator thinking to himself....... hum, I don't think I'll update these profiles today, who cares about them. UHHHHH, I know... I'll put more glitter at the bottom of the webpage.. yah.. that will be fun)

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
(board members thinking to themselves..... lets hold off on finishing the boards and focus on the economy)

Seems to be the big topic